Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto - Page 5 Empty Re: Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto

Post by g3chevy on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Great info on the hydro-boost upgrade! I often wondered why this was becoming so popular. And I have to say the hydro-boost on my GMC Safari works great with little effort. It's a little different feel from the conventional vacuum booster brakes on my other vehicles, but when you step on the pedal, it does its job. If I ever upgrade to bigger/4 wheel discs, this will be on my list of things to do for sure. Thanks for sharing all the details and photos. You rock!
g3chevy
g3chevy
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto - Page 5 Empty Re: Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto

Post by thatfnthing on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 am

Excellent work -- looks better than a factory job! Do you find there's actually more room to work now with the factory booster gone?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte on Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:55 pm

Thank you g3chevy.

thatfnthing.....I would have to say not really. The hydro boost set up is the same length as with the vacuum booster.

On that side of the car, the Vortech Supercharger set up takes up most of the real-estate in that area.  

Picture below is before the Hydro-boost conversion and you can everything associated with the SC. The 180 degree piping on the rear of the SC to turn toward the front of the car to the intake..... takes so much room I had to clearance the plastic fender well to get it all in.....

Update :1973 Monte Carlo Body off frame resto - Page 5 Dsc04311
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:12 pm

Great work as always!
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5