G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical procedure, cardiology checkup ... done!

+2
JB2wheeler
' HARRY '
6 posters

Go down

Medical procedure, cardiology checkup ... done! Empty Medical procedure, cardiology checkup ... done!

Post by knightfan26917 Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 am

I posted back in March about a possible surgery to repair an incisional hernia (above my belly button) that developed from my 2003 open heart surgery and made itself known in September 2008 at the NMCOA Mini Meet in Stillman Valley IL and then even more so in mid-February 2009. In March, I had decided to NOT get it repaired, since it was, according to the surgeon, small. However ... as some of you know ... that hernia had started to act up a bit more regularly the last few months (once, while I was visiting friends in Freeport IL in April) ... and with "car" and "road trip" season here, I decided enough was enough.

So, Thursday, May 28, 2009, the incisional hernia was repaired. I wasn't able to drive until the following Monday, which meant I missed out on a GORGEOUS weekend of driving my older 4 Monte Carlos. The following weekend (first weekend of June) was rainy, of course, so didn't get them out for the first time that weekend either.... Ah, well ... plenty of time left in the year...right?

My 6-month cardiology checkup 2 weeks later (Thursday, June 11) went well. Everything looks good; though, the pacemaker lifespan is now at ~5 years. The appointments were quick with the pacemaker clinic and my cardiologist, and I was back home by about 3:30p, after leaving home about 9:30a. BUT, my next appointment won't be so quick. Tuesday, December 15, I will have a stress echo (ugh), along with the pacemaker check and visit with my cardiologist....

Until then ... lots to do in the next few months!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Can we stop this time or must we go again?" ... TG Sheppard ... 'Finally'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Medical procedure, cardiology checkup ... done! Empty Re: Medical procedure, cardiology checkup ... done!

Post by ' HARRY ' Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:57 am

Very Happy Cort, glad to hear that your hernia operation and subsequent medical checkup went well and you are feeling better now. Our family will keep you and yours in our thoughts and in our prayers.

G-d bless,

Harry and Family
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Medical procedure, cardiology checkup ... done! Empty Re: Medical procedure, cardiology checkup ... done!

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 am

The most valuable thing that anyone has is good health. Keep up the good work, Cort. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:05 am

It's good to hear that you're doing better man. Cool
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:53 pm

cort glad to hear everything is going better now i will always keep you in my prayers my friend

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Good job Cort! Glad you are feeling well.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:41 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:The most valuable thing that anyone has is good health.

AMEN!

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes, etc. Certainly appreciated, perhaps more than you know.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"These hands are meant to hold" ... All-American Rejects ... 'Move Along'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down