G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would These Headers Work?

3 posters

Go down

Would These Headers Work? Empty Would These Headers Work?

Post by sportster_restorer Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 pm

I've had these headers as garage art for quite some time.

Would These Headers Work? <a href=Would These Headers Work? 102_0711" />

Always planned to use them on something, but never have been motivated. Well, with the 74 Laguna, I'm getting motivated. Do these look like they'd work on a 74 with a 350? There aren't any names or numbers to look up. As I remember, I got these for a 71 Camaro I once had so they might work.

Would These Headers Work? <a href=Would These Headers Work? 102_0712" />

Would These Headers Work? <a href=Would These Headers Work? 102_0713" />

I just wanted to see if anyone might have had similar experience with headers that looked like these. Of course I wouldn't use the shop vac hose to connect them up. It was occupying the wall hook before I hung the headers and just stayed there.

Thanks

sportster_restorer
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Would These Headers Work? Empty Re: Would These Headers Work?

Post by Joe73 Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:59 pm

The one on the left is definitely good to go for your laguna. The one on the right is slightly upswept on the two front tubes. Dont think its a problem just that I havent seen one like the right one in the pic.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:32 pm

My old 1 5/8" hooker headers paperwork showed that they fit early 70's camaros/ 73-77 chevelles...not sure it helps.It's difficult to tell by eyeballin' 'em when 1/8" difference could ruin your day.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Camaro headers will definitely fit. That one on the right looks "vette-ish" to me.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by sportster_restorer Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Judging by the flanges and the overall appearance, it does seem like they are a matched set. I got these at a swap meet probably 20 years ago and all I remember was the guy saying they fit a 2nd gen Camaro. Guess I might have to try an install with the driver's side first as that one might be the challenging one. I wanted to get them ceramic coated before I installed, but I guess it might be better to see if they go in first, and then maybe get them coated next winter.

sportster_restorer
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down