G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite roads?

4 posters

Go down

Favorite roads? Empty Favorite roads?

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:20 pm

With spring here in the United States (weather will hopefully cooperate soon), driving season is nearly here! What are your favorite area roads to drive…?
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/03/29/sunday-scenery-10/

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Let freedom ring" __ Martina McBride __ 'Independence Day'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Favorite roads? Empty Re: Favorite roads?

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:15 pm

I live in Pa, we have done beautiful roads here, I just took my 8 year old they a back woods country road that opens up to a junkyard on a hillside literally 5-7 minutes from our house.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:26 pm

New England is a dream to drive outside the big cities, especially in the fall.  There are a ship-load of scenic drives.

One of my fav's is Route 112 in NH (the Kancamagus Highway which was named after a famous Native American).  We call it the "Kank" for short and much of it runs right through the White Mountains National Forest.  It has a high point in elevation of around 3,000 ft and all kinds of scenic overlooks and other spots to stop & camp. picnic, swim, etc... It winds & turns and there are even several good stretches that are straight & you can hit the pedal & go pretty dang fast provided your car is well tuned and can cope with the thinner air.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVvZElhhVegIAU6MnnIlQ?p=kancamagus+highway&fr=&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:23 pm

I like driving south on route 306 from my town. It goes from suburbia to country to yuppie town. The yuppies don't know what to make of my side piped / slot magged '74.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:01 am

chevellelaguna wrote:I live in Pa, we have done beautiful roads here, I just took my 8 year old they a back woods country road that opens up to a junkyard on a hillside literally 5-7 minutes from our house.

Sweet! My Dad is from the greater Johnstown PA area ... & loved going back as a kid for the family reunions every summer ... b/c I so enjoyed those roads. The 1st time I was able to drive ... oh did I have a blast ... lol.

77mali wrote:New England is a dream to drive outside the big cities, especially in the fall.  There are a ship-load of scenic drives.

One of my fav's is Route 112 in NH (the Kancamagus Highway which was named after a famous Native American).  We call it the "Kank" for short and much of it runs right through the White Mountains National Forest.  It has a high point in elevation of around 3,000 ft and all kinds of scenic overlooks and other spots to stop & camp. picnic, swim, etc... It winds & turns and there are even several good stretches that are straight & you can hit the pedal & go pretty dang fast provided your car is well tuned and can cope with the thinner air.

OH my goodness ... seeing those pics, I want to drive that road now.... If only it were that easy. Talk about gorgeous scenery.

dynchel wrote:I like driving south on route 306 from my town.  It goes from suburbia to country to yuppie town.  The yuppies don't know what to make of my side piped / slot magged '74.

LOL ... I bet they don't. Wink

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Yeah, we got problems here in the land of the free" __ Barbara Mandrell __ 'In Times Like These'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down