G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If we all got along, we'd have less entertainment

4 posters

Go down

If we all got along, we'd have less entertainment Empty If we all got along, we'd have less entertainment

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Even though people are disillusioned by negative ads, it makes sense for politicians to employ them. Why? In most cases, negative things are remembered more than positive....

I wonder if this is because, in some cases, we are embarrassed by or don't believe we deserve the positive...? These 2 comments about me, though very cool, were just WEIRD for me to read...like I was stepping into someone else's life.... They came out of the blue....

T-REX, GMI 2008:
"SPIRIT
This award goes to the GMI member that has consistently over the years given us posts that lift the spirit and help us see beauty in the tiniest, and often most seemingly insignificant things.

knightfan26917"

66STANG, C&G 2008:
"Cheers to knightfan, for having and keeping a garage full of old cars I'd love to own. He hasn't been posting here as much, but I enjoy it when he posts."

IMHO, it's a sad commentary on society that the negative is remembered more than the positive. This erodes the "why can't we all just get along" mantra/question that always pops up whenever "flame wars" develop. I'm a proponent of "getting along" ... at least in terms of respecting each other, whether our opinions agree or not. After all, if we agreed on everything, life would be boring. Besides, in some ways, conflict provides humor. Sometimes, you look back at some of the comments made, wondering just what the heck the person was thinking when they wrote ... and posted ... them. I think we are ALL guilty of that at times. These 3 are SELECT (I remember MANY more) not-so-flattering comments posted about me ... that now make me laugh...!

FRIEND, in an Email to me, Father's Day 2009:
"Happy Father's Day. Oh, wait. You're not a father; you ONLY have a nephew. You don't know how good it feels to be creating your offspring, nor do you know how awesome it is to actually be a Dad."

COMMENTARY:
I know this friend was trying to get under my skin. Maybe he did for a bit, but he writes the truth, which is more than I can say for a few companies, including Ch#$r%*et and the Tribune Co, current Cubs' owners.... Besides, I love "nephew time" ... can hardly believe he is 8 MONTHS OLD ALREADY!!!

GBO, in reply to 84MM's query about what I was thinking:
"He's thinking maybe one of us will give him a new 10" diamater black dildo to ram himself ... as a welcome back gift."

COMMENTARY:
Wow, he wants to give me something ... and then tell me how to use it!

MB:
"Cort is an idiot. Nobody wants to see his comments.... Monte Carlos are one of the cheapest pieces of crap ever come up with by Chevy, which is synonymous for piece of crap."
"What a dumb a$$."

COMMENTARY:
He missed hurting me by a LONG shot. He obviously has NO clue about my opinion about Ch#$r%*et since, oh, the mid to late 1980s, starting with the Toyota Nova/Chevy Corolla.... And, yep, I am a dumb a$$; however, MB's impersonation of Red Foreman ("That '70s Show") leaves a LOT to be desired....

NOW ... that all written ... what have people written/said about you that ... now makes you laugh ...OR... blew you away for the better?

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Why are we so blind to see that the ones we hurt are you & me" ... Coolio ... 'Gangsta's Paradise (Dangerous Minds)'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

If we all got along, we'd have less entertainment Empty Re: If we all got along, we'd have less entertainment

Post by IndyG3 Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:01 am

Anytime I'm at McDonald's, they have CNN on the television. There's plenty of things said on there that blow me away...
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

If we all got along, we'd have less entertainment Empty Re: If we all got along, we'd have less entertainment

Post by ant7377 Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:43 am

IndyG3 wrote:Anytime I'm at McDonald's, they have CNN on the television. There's plenty of things said on there that blow me away...

You can say that again,when i look down at the NY times while getting a coffee in the morning at the store I think the same thing.

Cort,you are a good guy,many have a need to bash people like yourself because they have short comings of their own.Who cares what they say, its the Internet and most wouldnt have the nuts to say it to your face anyhow.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:05 am

I second what ant7377 said. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:31 pm

ant7377 wrote:many have a need to bash people like yourself because they have short comings of their own.Who cares what they say, its the Internet and most wouldnt have the nuts to say it to your face anyhow.

Exactly ... which makes some of the stuff people type on boards so infuriating. You know DAMN well they would not be that brass in person....yet, they feel the need to do it anyway.

*shrugs*

It IS so frustrating that the negative seems to outweigh the positive. Case in point, I was sharply reminded Saturday, July 25 that...

...silence roars volumes.

(and)

...actions speak louder than words.

Yet, I remember those more than 2 things posted in that timeframe about me....

"I love what you add to this forum, it always lightens the mood!"

[HA! I wish I felt that way all the time....]

(and)

"You possess a drive, a spirit, a willingness, and an unflappable ability to remain cheery in the face of some dire circumstances."

[Ironically, much of the time, I don't feel that way at all ... just the opposite in fact..... And, yet, I try ... and maybe that's what counts!?]

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I'm just saying" ... Shinedown ... 'Second Chance'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum