G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV for dummies

+2
alowerlevel
bigredlaguna
6 posters

Go down

TV for dummies Empty TV for dummies

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm not a big "reality" TV watcher. I catch the occasional show on Velocity etc. I do like a few. Walking Dead, stuff on History. Mostly car or sci-fi related.

A few weeks ago my brother told me I have to watch "Naked and Afraid"
I've seen a few episodes and all it usually is is a guy walking around doing all the work while some woman lays in a lean-to *****ing because he's not getting the fire started fast enough or he's not bringing her enough food.
Then at the end of the show her survival rating went up because she's a team player.
Stupid.
I'm out.

I finally caught about ten minutes of an episode of "The Bachelor". Gotta be in the top 5 of the dumbest **** I've ever seen. A bunch of stupid bimbos swearing their undying love to some douche they just met ten minutes ago. Then they all fight and cry.
This thing has been on how long? Do these people really think we are dumb enough to believe they aren't just trying to get on TV?My wife watches religiously. She says she knows it's fake, but loves it anyway.

These things get huge ratings? I weep for the collective intelligence of the US.

Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

TV for dummies Empty Re: TV for dummies

Post by bigredlaguna Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:40 pm

It's just another form of a soap opera. I used to watch "Days of Our Lives" a couple decades ago when I was always on-call for work. After a while you see the same storylines over and over again. These new reality shows just don't have as much clothing. You got the villain, the hero, the slut, the prude, the righteous, the evil, etc., and any character can go from one type to another in order to keep the show "fresh" when it is anything but.

Give me the top gear trio or anything from Dean Martin's era over this stuff now.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:48 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:These things get huge ratings? I weep for the collective intelligence of the US.

I've been saying this for years............lol.

It is stunning how much ratings & $$ these "reality" shows get ... compared to so much else that should.......smh.

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"You've made a fool of everyone" __ Jet __ 'Look What You've Done'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:26 am

bigredlaguna wrote:It's just another form of a soap opera. I used to watch "Days of Our Lives" a couple decades ago when I was always on-call for work. After a while you see the same storylines over and over again. These new reality shows just don't have as much clothing. You got the villain, the hero, the slut, the prude, the righteous, the evil, etc., and any character can go from one type to another in order to keep the show "fresh" when it is anything but.

Give me the top gear trio or anything from Dean Martin's era over this stuff now.

I started watching a soap over Christmas break one year in high school, mostly because I was too lazy to get up and change the channel. Some chick was kidnapped, somebody else was dying and some guy was cheating on his wife. I watched for a week or so, then went back to school. 5 months later, it came on one day and the chick was still kidnapped, the other chick was still dying and the guy was still cheating. 5 months, same story line and this **** was on every day. Wow. Never did that again.

I also get a giggle out of the preachy stuff on TV now. You gotta have at least one gay character. The white men have to be fat and stupid, evil or butt-smoochers. The women are all smart and tough. And of course, everyone has to be sleeping with everyone else.

My wife also watches a couple of cop/detective shows where the lead character is a female. They are hot, weigh about 95 lbs and run around knocking the crap out of 250 lb criminals in heels, while their male partner hides in a bathroom then comes out and begs her to marry him.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:32 am

This country is toast unless we change things. Imagine if you will....President Hillary Clinton? I've already started searching for property in Nova Scotia (just in case). This is not the same country that I grew up in back in the 70's & 80's. It seems that since the mid to late 90's the rate of stupidity and depravity doubles every year or so.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:51 am

I'd have to agree. If 'ol Hilary gets in, we've got trouble.

There's always the argument about whether TV reflects current culture or current culture reflects TV.

I can't understand the fascination with hillbillys. Apparently the only "real" white people TV shows can find either eat alligators, live in Alaska, play with turtles,grow weed or make moonshine.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:26 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:I'd have to agree. If 'ol Hilary gets in, we've got trouble.

Yea this country is screwed (even more than it is now) if she gets elected

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:I can't understand the fascination with hillbillys. Apparently the only "real" white people TV shows can find either eat alligators, live in Alaska, play with turtles,grow weed or make moonshine.

Hell I've done all that but 1 and Ive lived in NJ my whole life Laughing
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:53 am

Ha!

Were you in beauty pageants when you were little?
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:46 am

I agree with you guys on all counts. I honestly feel that whether that hag gets elected or not the toilet is swirling. The fact that those crap tv shows get ratings and just the current events we hear everyday is evidence. Bizzaro world is what we are faced with. The truth is bad,right is wrong,whats good is bad. Me personally,Im really pissed about it..
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:49 am

As far as tv goes ,I ll take Kojack,Cannon The Love Boat and Chips and The Dukes any day over what ever pile of Sh*t the networks push on us today F'em.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:22 am

I like most all of the car enthusiast shows on theses days and lots of the older shows like Ant mentioned.  I am enjoying one newer show called The Last Alaskans, very well put together.  It's a "special event" on Discovery so I don't think there are any plans to have it go on as a series.  You guys might like it.

I don't think it matters anymore as far as our "representatives".  They'll sell their souls for personal gain and power.  You might as well say they're all Republicrats and Dempublicans the lines are so blurred.  Take this "fast track trade authority" deal the Republicans passed to give away that power to the office of the Prez...while the Democrats opposed it.  Lobby $$$ and "campaign donations", no doubt at play.  Maybe they didn't offer enough money to the union bosses in order to get Dem support?  When the Gov and Business merge their interests- it's called Fascism (you know like in Italy prior to and during WWII).  These turds in DC are giving up our sovereignty for money and these world-wide corporations own them.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:31 am

True.
Or they let the Supreme Court legislate for them. A lot of people are complaing about some of the recent decisions. Me included.
But the fact is that congress ignored and/or failed to do anything about ACA and gay marriage, leaving it up to a few unelected-appointed for life despots to make decisions for the entire country.

That **** seems like a bad TV drama, but it ain't.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:53 am

77mali wrote:I like most all of the car enthusiast shows on theses days and lots of the older shows like Ant mentioned.  I am enjoying one newer show called The Last Alaskans, very well put together.  It's a "special event" on Discovery so I don't think there are any plans to have it go on as a series.  You guys might like it.

I don't think it matters anymore as far as our "representatives".  They'll sell their souls for personal gain and power.  You might as well say they're all Republicrats and Dempublicans the lines are so blurred.  Take this "fast track trade authority" deal the Republicans passed to give away that power to the office of the Prez...while the Democrats opposed it.  Lobby $$$ and "campaign donations", no doubt at play.  Maybe they didn't offer enough money to the union bosses in order to get Dem support?  When the Gov and Business merge their interests- it's called Fascism (you know like in Italy prior to and during WWII).  These turds in DC are giving up our sovereignty for money and these world-wide corporations own them.

Paul. I agree and its something like that trade agreement that coincides with the other bullsh#t that happens the same week which shows its all a distraction to get the population not to notice real issues that affect everyone all races creeds color. Our elected leaders and both parties really are evil bad people.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:14 am

ant7377 wrote:As far as tv goes ,I ll take Kojack,Cannon The Love Boat and Chips

Luckily, these & others are available on FREE TV ... such as ME-TV, LAFF-TV, COZI-TV, ANTENNA-TV, etc.

But, today's world is rather scary ... in many ways.

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Was it worth it?" __ Taylor Swift __ 'Should've Said No'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content