AN SCCA NATIONAL GTA ROAD RALLY
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Clear Blue Sky refers to our hope for a beautiful day for a drive in the country. You will start in Decatur, Texas, take about a 135-mile drive on the beautiful paved roads of Wise County, many in the LBJ National Grasslands, and return to Decatur. Prime Time refers to the type of questions we will ask you about the Numbers identifying the roads that you encounter as you drive. A calculator is recommended. To keep you on your toes, we will present you with some opportunities to take scenic off course loops. In this case we may ask you what road(s) you travelled on, if you saw a specified road, or in which direction you turned. We will score you on how well you answer questions and follow the proper course.
Presenting a National road rally means that top cars get double points in the race for the National GTA Rally championship. Attention local entrants: few cities offer as many rallies as we do, so you have a good chance to win a national trophy. Two members of our rally committee have done so in years past.
• Registration will be at La Quinta Inn & Suites at 1405 South Hwy 287, Decatur, TX 76234, (940) 627-9603. Registration will be open from 7:30pm to 8:30pm on Friday in the hotel meeting room, and will reopen Saturday from 8:30am to 9:30am. First car out will be at 10:01 am, with others at 1-minute intervals.
• We will finish at Catfish O'Harlie’s restaurant on US287 in Decatur, in their banquet room.
• Any four-wheel, street legal vehicle with two people who are old enough to read is eligible to enter. Cars built before 1945 may get a little extra time to complete the course.
• Entry fee: $25.00. SCCA members get a $5.00 discount. Preregistration is at MotorsportReg.com, and is highly recommended. The shortcut is msreg.com/CBS15msr. Online registration closes at 6:00 pm on Thursday, September 10. Those who register on September 11 or 12 will pay a $5.00 late fee.
• We will email the event rules to all who preregister, starting about two weeks prior to the rally.
- G3GM Member
- Street Cred : 1
Headquarters: La Quinta Inn and Suites, 1405 S Highway 287, Decatur, Texas
Preregistration open now at msreg.com/CBS15msr
We have made some changes in the Clear Blue Sky rally setup in the last couple of weeks, that we thought might help you make your decision to come. Of course we have been working to make it as much fun and as much of a challenge as we could. We have decided to move the finish from the catfish place to Bono's Chop House. We have a special rate at the La Quinta (better than the AAA rate), in case you want to spend Friday night there, which might be a good idea, since we have moved the opening of Saturday registration to 8:00am. I haven't seen all the roads, but those I did see are fun. The LBJ National Grassland is not just a flat grassy plain (at least not where we are), but more of a spread-out forest. Good rally roads. So far we have one or more of: Audi, BMW, Corvette, Evo, Honda, Mazda, Mustang, Nissan, Saturn, and Toyota (plus a promise of a Porsche). Our first National entry (from California) has signed up. I hope to see you in Decatur on the 12th!
- G3GM Member
- Street Cred : 1