G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house

3 posters

Go down

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house Empty FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:58 am

Well SE will Finally have a Garage at home Scored a FREE 14 x 24 Garage with door off Craigslist just have to remove it from said property and re-assemble back here at new house NO MORE STORAGE FEE'S and might have enough head room for a Lift at a later date and Gentleman is tossing in 9bundlesof shingles with it so that's a good start to new roof
Old owners still have some stuff to get out of this Garage to start dis-assembly but all in all ITS FREE ( except beer for my friend helping to haul )

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET CAR RUNNING If I dont quit with side projects LOL But at least CAr will be out of storage and home with me again

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house 00z0z_11

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house 08101513

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house 08101510

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house 08101511

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house 08101514

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house 08101512
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house Empty Re: FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house

Post by Joe73 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:07 am

congrats, good score.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house Empty Re: FREE Finally a garage for SE at new house

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:11 am

He will be keeping the Electrical panels but will be leaving all the outlets, wiring, light fixtures, switches

Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:13 am

Electrical is easy. No problem there.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:16 am

Ha says the guy who seen a hole burnt in his Fathers foot from electricity at work, WANT TO ROAD TRIP Joe ?
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 am

I think its a straight run to exit 5000. LOL. I ran a 220v 30 amp line out to my shed for sub panel. Wired the shed with lights and outlets and a plug for my 6hp 60 gal. compressor. I think you can do it. Hardest part is running the line from the house to the garage. Its one line with three wires in it. And you will also have to pound a ground rod into the ground on the outside of the garage to ground the panel. No big deal with that either.

My Air line comes back to the garage about 50 feet to 50 plus feet of 1" galvanized pipe pitched above the double garage doors. Then it goes into a water trap. Then plumbed around the perimeter of the ceiling with a pvc air kit with quick connects. 2 drops to hose reels on each end of the lift. I still use Devilbiss ball type moisture catchers on my spray guns just in case. The Devilibiss ball type are supposed to flow more air and catch more moisture than the common ball type ones. And air flow volume is real important for HVLP spraying.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:33 am

oooohhhh   so sadthis house is still set up on 60 amp service, When / If  we purchase it Illinois Law says it has to be upgraded to 100 Amp service so will prob do that after we buy ( meaning new wires to garage )
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:36 am

Yes, I've heard about that and its a good way to go. When its upgraded maybe toss the guy a few bucks to run an extra line to the garage. You just do the trenching. Use one of those narrow shovels. Not a bad job unless you like rocks. Usually need an eighteen to twenty four inch deep trench for code. But check with the electrician.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Nice, Limey!

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"See the light come over now" __ Moby __ 'South Side'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down