G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saw one of my "holy grail" cars in person today..

3 posters

Go down

saw one of my "holy grail" cars in person today.. Empty saw one of my "holy grail" cars in person today..

Post by novaderrik Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:20 pm

at a car show in a small town in northern MN.
1973 Chevelle SS with a 454 backed by a 4 speed.
absolutely beautiful car. dark tan- but not quite brown- with a tan vinyl interior with the obligatory swivel bucket seats that all the teens and pre-teens thought were the coolest thing ever.
it was still being driven by the original owner.
there were a few people looking at it- but most people blew right by it to look at the 1300hp twin turbo small block powered 87 GN with the big meats in the back that was parked right next to it..
as much as i wanted to, i didn't get any pics. i forgot my camera at home and my cell phone takes crappy pics.

now i just need to see a factory 454/4 speed 74 Monte Carlo...

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

saw one of my "holy grail" cars in person today.. Empty Re: saw one of my "holy grail" cars in person today..

Post by yogreasygramma Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:59 pm

I believe the 454 powered Montes had to have the TH400 transmission, so you'll never see one of those. On the other hand, that would be one killer car to make! I'm thinking hard of putting some kind of manual behind my 454-powered 73 Monte (my favorite year Monte). Someone already cut a hole in the transmission tunnel for this conversion, so that's one more reason to go for it at some point. Anyway, I do have a 100% original 74 454 Monte with a sky roof, but it's an automatic of course. That car is a blast to drive.
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

saw one of my "holy grail" cars in person today.. Empty Re: saw one of my "holy grail" cars in person today..

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:33 pm

I had everything but the tranny to convert my 73-454 from a 400 to a manual. I ran out of funds and sold everything (yes even the console top).
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:02 am

Too bad, Chris! I don't know what other pieces I'm missing for the conversion, but Dave did sell me some pedal parts. Besides needing to restore them, I don't know if the set is complete or not. I have no console for that either. I guess I can use the automatic console and cut it up a bit? Or just go with no console at all, or make a custom one?

By the way, what other Monte parts do you still have for sale?
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down