G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your 2016 Performance Plans

+12
BBMALIBU
alowerlevel
pila
a-body
Limey SE
chevellelaguna
bitterfitter
Joe73
bracketchev1221
dynchel
Keith Seymore
73ss
16 posters

Go down

Your 2016 Performance Plans Empty Your 2016 Performance Plans

Post by BBMALIBU Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:31 pm

I decided to start a post, since no one posted in Performance since November 2015.

So what are your 2016 performance plans.

I plan on installing a "HRpartsNstuff" bolt in Anti-Roll Bar (not to be confused with a stabilizer bar).
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Your 2016 Performance Plans Empty Re: Your 2016 Performance Plans

Post by 73ss Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:32 pm

"HRpartsNstuff" I believe that is in my neck of the woods here in Ohio.

My plans include a set of drag radials, dial the rear suspension in, Set pinion angle, Work on my 60' & hopefully get into the 12.40's. The MPH says I should be there now but the 60' sucks. Already have the good bushings & adjustable uppers.

Not the fastest thing in the world but I drive it there, beat on it, & drive home. Haven't broke anything yet.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:56 am

No changes to the car; my big news is that I bought a truck worthy of pulling my (enclosed) trailer. Should make travel a bit easier.

I have the 2016 NMCA schedule loaded into my calendar http://www.nmcadigital.com/2016-event-info/ but I don't know how many of those events I will make. They are all four day events now, which is a long time to be away from home (and a long time without showering).

We were running an "all motor" program that met at Thompson Ohio and Norwalk Ohio. I'll try and hook up with those guys this year, too.

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:16 am

Your 2016 Performance Plans IMG_20160104_123615099_zpsmrbn4qfo I added electronic fans.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:52 am

Mine are more long term. I have bought a new Scat 4.25 crank and Eagle L-19 bolt 6.535 rods in order to do the 540 over as a 565. This is going to be my hail mary attempt (within budget of course) to get closer to 1000 hp N/A and put the big red boat into the 8's. I am looking to replace the 1/16,1/16,3/16" ring pack pistons with a .043/.043/3mm gas ported piston, and replace the .788/.762 cam with a .826/.814 cam. The rest of the engine will stay as is.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:26 am

After paint this summer, hopefully, I'll be putting my new balanced/forged motor together and installing. Everything is waiting in boxes right down to ARP stainless hardware. Except for aluminum heads. I'm waiting til the last minute to buy and assemble them, just in case some better design comes along.
I was going to build the motor before anything else so parts would be out of the way, but I'm going with the recommended 2-3 week max startup after build so I dont lose any lubrication from sitting. I dont want any problems.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:44 pm

I still have the same plans as last year for my car.  It has been a long time now but I am redoing the entire car from top to bottom.  I started with NOS full quarters, and a set of doors that turned up in a local body shop.  They were taken off a car that was damaged back in the early 80's and were stored inside the shop until one day some uncovered them and had no use for them.  They were like new, just very dusty.  I decided to go with a set of bolt on fiberglass front fenders and a 2" VFN fiberglass hood.  I painted the car Moonlight Drive Blue and replaced the vinyl top with a new White one.  I replaced the floors and two thirds of the trunk floor.  Also the body supports under the trunk.  I have a 3:73 posi in the car new but also have a late model disc brake posi with 3:42 gears ready to install.  Last winter I redid the entire front suspension.  All new poly control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, ball joints, etc...  Under the hood sits a GM ZZ430 with a 200-4r behind it.  I use electric cooling fans and am running a GM serpentine belt setup.  I bought a 5.3 LS motor and a 4l60E trans last summer and I am in the process of taking that apart.  That will be getting a few go fast goodies before finding its way under the hood.  I am keeping the elec. fuel injection system with it also.  Right now I am finishing up the interior which is going back to original.  Dark blue with White seats.  The car also has power locks, windows, A/C, skyroof, swivels, console, tilt steering and round gauge dash.  I have installed LED bulbs in all the interior lighting and dash and also I am wiring in a retained power control from Dakota Digital. I added a late model rear view mirror with lights built into it for added interior lighting and reading lights.

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:27 pm

The biggest part of my project will be hanging the quarters and getting the bodywork done on the back of the car. Have 1/2 fuel line routed, would like to swap out my performer RPM intake to the Air Gap I have. Aluminum heads are on the list but not in the budget. My small block is really restricted with the iron heads I have on it.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:56 pm

My Planson mine are getting the new SE cleaned up and Seeing what kind of Mods the Previous did and see what I can do to clean it up

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by a-body Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:48 pm

gonna start working on my 76 Landau. Swivel buckets, console shifter, and factory stereo got me excited
a-body
a-body
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:10 pm

I would like to PERFORM in Hawaii again, on steel guitar ! Very Happy

My Caddy powered Elco hasn't been on dry pavement yet.  Don't know how the drive shaft I built will balance out yet !
We have a local place to balance it, if it needs it....

At least the engine runs good !

Your 2016 Performance Plans P1011821_zpsm97eakps

Last edited by pila on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by BBMALIBU Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:30 pm

I am planning on installing front tubular control arms.  

I haven't decided if I want to go with Detroit Speed or Global West.
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:32 pm

BBMALIBU wrote:I am planning on installing front tubular control arms.  

I haven't decided if I want to go with Detroit Speed or Global West.

Speedtech has some too http://www.speedtechperformance.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=86/mode=cat/cat86.htm
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by BBMALIBU Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:02 pm

alowerlevel wrote: Speedtech has some too http://www.speedtechperformance.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=86/mode=cat/cat86.htm

I saw those, but I haven't been able to find anyone with a 73-77 Chevelle/Malibu to comment on them.
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by patriot_5420 Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:00 am

We are finishing the transmission rebuild in the next couple of weeks and stabbing it back in. While we are at it it, add some additional frame bracing to the front end, gonna see about fabbing up a 2.5 in exhaust with an x pipe, and laying out plans for a full suspension and all disc brakes conversion.

patriot_5420
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 S3 Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:14 am

replaced factory exhaust with hooker ceramics, dual cats and mufflers with stainless to the back, this is on a stock 350 with 93000 mi. next few weeks will see a rebuild of the qjet.

2017 will most likely be a xe 250 and intake + timing chain, or 383 crate motor..still undecided.

Dave
1975 S3
1975 S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:09 am

Seatbelts are my to do list. Want to run car at Lucas Oil dragstrip and they are kind of funny about those things.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:44 pm

Tom77 wrote:Seatbelts are my to do list. Want to run car at Lucas Oil dragstrip and they are kind of funny about those things.

They won't allow you to run on Wild Wednesdays with your setup? When I bring my car out I was planning on taking it down for a run or two. I don't have a high horse power engine so I know I should be good with a stock setup.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:36 pm

Don't have any right now. Had a bench seat and put in the swivels.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down