73 on CL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

73 on CL

Post by 73ss on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Found this cruising CL. It's a good 2 hours from me. I thought about looking but then reality set it. At what point do you call it junk. This thing needs everything, The elusive 73 only tail panel just for starters, fenders, doors. Seller claims its got good floors but the pics show otherwise, one of the pics show a hole. gas tank mount is rotted. Looks like the 4-spd console is missing. Motor is probably junk too. probably seized up with no heads on it. Might be a few good parts left but not 2K worth.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/6013215675.html
73ss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Re: 73 on CL

Post by Joe73 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:12 pm

That one does need work. Shame since they only made 600 big block 4 speed SS cars. Side stripes are definitely not correct. Looks like someone patterned them after a 77 442.
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Don't you wish you could save them all?

Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:31 pm

The guy is a dreamer. The work it wold take to remove & sell off usable parts would never recover the cost of the car, not to mention hauling it home...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:00 pm

To me it sounds like he's selling mainly the body and chassis. I know it said "big dome" motor that goes with it, but no mention if heads, intake, exhaust or transmission. I know I would have a hard time paying that much for it.

fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:08 pm

fasrnur wrote:To me it sounds like he's selling mainly the body and chassis. I know it said "big dome" motor that goes with it, but no mention if heads, intake, exhaust or transmission.  I know I would have a hard time paying that much for it.

he does mention no heads intake or tranny. after looking at the pics again, It kinda looks like a large hole is cut in the trans tunnel, can't tell if it's rot or someone cut it. Makes me wonder if its a real 4-spd car. Seller claims it's a Florida car, but the new member (1970ChevySS) with his 73SS project said his sat outside for 28 years and it looks 1000% better than this junker.
73ss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:54 pm

He also has the white '73 in the background for sale for $2K.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5946805394.html
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:51 pm

Man do I need to get better glasses 73SS.
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 am

Im sure he thinks he Got a Nice project. But man its all gone. You could not even get one good car out of the 2 he has. In my eyes the white is maybe a decent parts car. But the red one is to far gone, to even part out. I would leave it to die in peace.
Hs1973
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum