'77 Chevelle SE for sale!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'77 Chevelle SE for sale!!!!

Post by Podor on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:37 pm

This is not mine. There is a tire shop in Versailles MO that has this gem available for $1800. I don't have too much info. It has T-Tops with a bench seat. It appears to be complete. The shop that it's at D&R tire, (573)378-4797. Please call only if you are seriously interested. I'm not sure they want a bunch of phone calls.

Podor
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: '77 Chevelle SE for sale!!!!

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:11 pm

I have spoke with these Guys already There are ALOT I MEAN ALOT of issues with verifying as a real SE Stripe are wrong, They do not go over louvers ( which are wrong style also No Hurricane II wheels NO SE Fender decals and he says they never were offered with them OK sure.....Chevelle SE should be on the rear spoiler just not enough Info for me to Commit to it

Management

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:37 pm

It was not built by GM. How many would even know about that car to fake it?
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:42 pm

What other info do you have?
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:44 pm

And, where would they get that spoiler? Here's the thread that discussed this in Aug. Good news is the price dropped from $2500. I notice this shows it's a Limited Edition. Was that different than the Special Edition?

http://www.g3gm.com/t11208-is-this-really-an-se-77-chevelle#106540
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:45 pm

And, where would they get that spoiler? Here's the thread that discussed this in Aug. Good news is the price dropped from $2500. I notice this shows it's a Limited Edition. Was that different than the Special Edition?

Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:50 pm

I thought it sold on eBay in Aug, but it is still in the same town.
77camino
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:12 pm

ant7377 wrote:It was not built by GM. How many would even know about that car to fake it?

I have personally Talked with over 40 or so People from All area's of the Country Once they seen mine that swear they Have seen one of these or One similar, Doc Larry from Chevyalk dot and here Knows how to make a similar Spoiler from a camaro style rear ......He doesnt have the Special Edition Documentation ....No Biggee there I didnt think Mine had it either BUT did find it in the Console.

The stripes have to go all the way down the Fender on Front, the Rear should say Chevelle SE, should have SE fender emblem, I dont think it Sold from Ebay .......

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Also she must have sold it to the Shop where it was stored it has a Broken out side Window on Pass side (easy fix) She swore after we talked if it didn't sell she would try and swing Fixing it Guess that didn't come to be (everyone has Finance issues I know)

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:28 pm

It looks too weathered overall to not be at least all done all close to the same time. Maybe it was crashed once when it was new and that is as close as they could get it as far as the stripes. That car is kinda really rough.
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Seems like a not-too-bad a price for it if the body itself is restored. I suppose only the build sheet, if found, would be the determination it it's actually an SE
No disrespect here, but the paint scheme is not what I would own for myself...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Podor on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:54 pm

The spoiler looks authentic. It follows the body line between the tail light panel and the quarter panel. None of the various Camaro or Firebird spoilers would match those lines. It almost looks like the stripes at the front start to turn down and were cut off flat. LimeySE, did your cars come with buckets and 350s?

It looks like they were going to include a center console in the ebay pictures. It doesn't look anything like the ones I'm familiar with.
Podor
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:55 pm

yea it is a Better Price Just not for me I am having a hard enough time finding someone to duplicate my Stripes let alone a Different version LOL

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Podor wrote:The spoiler looks authentic. It follows the body line between the tail light panel and the quarter panel. None of the various Camaro or Firebird spoilers would match those lines. It almost looks like the stripes at the front start to turn down and were cut off flat. LimeySE, did your cars come with buckets and 350s?

It looks like they were going to include a center console in the ebay pictures. It doesn't look anything like the ones I'm familiar with.

Console was from a mid to late 60s Chevy I forget what she said I believe Impala ?? My Black one was Buckets 350 car One of the Silver ones is a Bucket seat console car 305 while the second one is a Bench seat column shift 350 car (motor long gone) Have a Buick 231 V6 in Garage at new place for that one Possibly a turbo set up way down line

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Limey, are the last 3 pictures of the silver one your 2nd silver one. Don't remember ever seeing that one.
77camino
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:56 pm

77camino wrote:Limey, are the last 3 pictures of the silver one your 2nd silver one. Don't remember ever seeing that one.

Sadly no That is my friends that passed away My second one is NO where near as Nice .... Had hopes of getting it as a Memory tribute to him BUT waiting for his estate to clear up he oweeedddddd alot of cash out for his Business and Car wash so will see

Here is the second one coming this spring WITH ALL The missing parts for mine and this one

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Did that one that is/was for sale have a T-top ? Or was the T-top an option on that model also ?? Just curious...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Yes the one for Sale has T-tops Pila sorry for all my additions confusing ev1 oppsss

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top