G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on

+16
76Chevelle2Tone
zucchi
bucket
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Limey SE
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
ant7377
73ss
Joe73
bigredlaguna
thatfnthing
Mcarlo77
77camino
fasrnur
Zaptiah
S3SS
20 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Empty Re: Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:59 pm

I am gonna remove the Chevy Bowtie off grill Its bending the tubes in the middle

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 25-11011
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 37639110

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Empty Re: Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:09 pm

Yes the logo is bending the rods. I hope you can straighten them out properly. But if that black and red Chevelle was what was stored for 25 years I'm just stunned. How could anyone just store a car for decades that looked that nice?
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:21 pm

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:Yes the logo is bending the rods. I hope you can straighten  them out properly. But if that black and red Chevelle was what was stored for 25 years I'm just stunned. How could anyone just store a car for decades that looked that nice?

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 6abe9510
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 021e2810
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 76a95710

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 4fdf5d10
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 27dad011
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 3b648a11

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:41 am

There is still a lot of weight to add. My race car used to sit high with just the engine in it, but after I put all the extras on the motor the car came down a few inches.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:16 am

My 1969 Grand Prix sat high like that in the front when I replaced the springs, ran it that way for a year to see if it would settle, it did not so I had one full coil cut and it then sat normal.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:32 am

Doesn't someone make drop spindles for these cars?

Once you start messin' with springs, you change the suspension harmonics and can adversely affect handling; the A$$-end being way more squirrely when accelerating out of a turn for instance.

How about you fully assemble your car and test drive it before you commit to changing the front springs?
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:10 am

Re springs

Just out of curiosity since the subject has come up Detroit Springs is the only seller that I found that actually listed different springs for different models eg station wagon vs coupe. Everyone else seems to be issuing modded springs or what they call OEM springs without listing what they mean weight wise or component wise. Also GM altered the weight specs over the years. I believe my 76 gained 100 pounds from 77 to 81 in their manuals.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:19 am

bracketchev1221 wrote:There is still a lot of weight to add.  My race car used to sit high with just the engine in it, but after I put all the extras on the motor the car came down a few inches.  

All I have to put on is drive side Header, transmission, exhaust, driveshaft and the battery will all that be enough weight to bring it down that much ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:23 am

I do have Impala 1" drop springs (front) for that in Case moment I will need them BUT will get all said items on the car first

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:25 am

Limey SE wrote:

All I have to put on is drive side Header, transmission, exhaust, driveshaft  and the battery will all that be enough weight to bring it down that much ??

Where is the balance point on these cars? At some point as you move backwards the rear springs are impacted more than the front obviously
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:35 am

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:
Limey SE wrote:

All I have to put on is drive side Header, transmission, exhaust, driveshaft  and the battery will all that be enough weight to bring it down that much ??

Where is the balance point on these cars? At some point as you move backwards the rear springs are impacted more than the front obviously

I have new Moog Springs that were for a wagon installed and it lifted the back where I wanted it to be, Just need to do the front good and I will be happy AND it might be the dam driveway also at a slant for the Drive side doesn't look Bad

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 37627711

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:45 am

Limey SE wrote:

I have new Moog Springs that were for a wagon installed and it lifted the back where I wanted it to be, Just need to do the front good and I will be happy AND it might be the dam driveway also at a slant for the Drive side doesn't look Bad

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 37627711

Yes but as you said you still have the driveshaft and transmission to install both of which should impact the rear springs too. I just have zero experience with tires of that size so I'm not sure where the frame should sit. But the front end looks very high to me at least.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:28 am

Yea I have the springs in shed just dont want to pull the trigger on them till I make sure I still have to go to a Larger rear tire yet before putting on road so Might make a small difference as well these are just rollers not highway safe BUT good burnout tires after I break in Cam first, I want to go to a 325/50 15 or a 305/60 15 If i can find them if Not will be a 295/50 15

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:32 am

So Added some changes really cleaned up engine bay wiring and line routing Thanks Cappy for the hints, Really looks alot better now

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 37827410
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 37826910

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:54 pm

Transmission Crossmember O   Limey 2

Ya buddy Gforce installed finally next is driveshaft if Mother nature will stop the rain for more than a few hours at a time, And as I was lowering the car down off the Bumper jack it begins raining yet again, And I tell ya now that is sitting at right Level the hood just barely I mean barley closes whewwww

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Old_cr10
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 New_gf10
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Air_bu10
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Instal15
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Instal14
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Instal16
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Barely10
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Hood_c10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:00 pm

Well had some nice weather some got some Progress done
1. Installed throttle bracket and cable just have to get the kickdown on the trans whenever the new cable gets here 5 weeks and counting.
2. Did a test run on the Vinyl I am gonna be using for after the repaint... testing UV and longevity of the Vinyl.
3. Today I pulled the dash and got the Digital Gauges mounted up in the dash all I have to do is wire the gauges.

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42548210
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42549010
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42549110
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 1_old_12
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 1_old_10
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 1_old_11
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 41612110
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42056110
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42303610
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 41125510
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Prd_ss11
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Prd_ss10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:06 pm

Been waiting for parts andddddd

I have been debating for a Long time on a scoop and Just bit the Bullet It is "technically" in its final resting place I have to start the finishing in process now Hopefully no storms take the dam thing off the car again YES AGAIN LOL.

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42847310
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42859810
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42314710

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42306211
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42306210
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42310511
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42322112
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42322113
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 42342210

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:24 pm

I also had an Issue with some supposed NOS hood hinges someone just painted them to look that way and creased the Hood So the One I found I have to transfer the Pattern over to the new to me hood......  
The X marks the spot where I am cutting it off to make the stinger scoop functional

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43101310
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43133810
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43142110Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43085610
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 Hood_d10

I also put the Turbines Back on I really like these wheels sooooo much I need one more tire 255/60 for Drive side other than that They Cleaned up well 120 then 220 then 400 then used alum brightener to make them look 25% presentable LOL

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43088610
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43090010
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43099210

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:25 pm

So now Ev1 is up to date with whats been happening I have been working on the SE alot to help and so far so good

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:56 pm

when you mess up that hood cutting it, I do have an extra original hood! Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 1f60e
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:43 pm

Iggy wrote:when you mess up that hood cutting it, I do have an extra original hood!    Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 1f60e

Been Planning on this cut for quite some time and have everything needed to make a it a smooth as Possible transition and will have a trim piece covering the cut circle (kinda like a door edge guard)  and I am gonna Add the Hood Insulation also, The self etching is just i Case I break thru to metal on Top side and around where the hole is Cut
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43097410
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43127010
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43200910

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Iggy and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:50 pm

Good luck with the hood. but I am a bit concerned about the rear wheel well rust around the edges. Are you going to need to cut and weld fresh metal to it?
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:17 pm

I have 100% rust free quarters taken of another car prepped and ready to use Will just cut off ONLY what I need to use, I have them for both sides but wont tackle them till I get the floors taken car of that Came from the Original owners Loader.
The Transporter could not get to the area where this one was So they (Original Owner) had to use a Loader to put it on the trailer and did that Mangle damage I have the fender to replace the font one where they did the damage at same time as well

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 36839510

The quarters I have were removed from the 73 tail panel in Pic they were cut off at doors all the way back, and yes my friend Modded a 73 tail panel onto a 77 Chevelle

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 1quart10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:51 pm

I'll just throw this out there from a body work standpoint.  Don't be afraid to replace more than you need.  replace more than you have to if it will make the seam less visible and smaller.   For example if you replace the whole quarter, you can seam it on a corner, or up on the B pillar rather than a long seam down the middle of the entire panel because you only needed the bottom.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Joe73 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:18 pm

WELL WAS IN THE HOOD AGAIN LOL
Officially second coat 220 sanded one maybe 2 more coats and sanding then 400 for color After scoop install

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43133811
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43235810
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43243610
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43171410
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43171810
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43249210

THE BLACK SPOTS ARE THE ONLY PITTED AREA IN THE HOOD THANK GOD

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43233510
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43234510
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43240310
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43175310
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 10 43259810

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next