G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1977 Chevelle SE

+14
martinsuper73
Lokin4AReason
skeezix91
Famstyle
jerry46765
Biomedtech
brad
77malibu
The Dude
BlackChevelleSS
lincoln_guy1991
Hydro King
IndyG3
moneypit73
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

chevelle se - 1977 Chevelle SE - Page 2 Empty Re: 1977 Chevelle SE

Post by The Dude Sun May 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Oh, so you have'nt got to see one? The only thing that I can't stop thinking about is how or where would I get some spoilers? They just look right on our cars.

I keep imagining spoilers on a 73 slammed to the ground running a set of 18s. Paint it Burnt Orange metallic with some flat black hockey puck stripes... it be like woowooooo! lol!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun May 17, 2009 11:22 pm

well if i ever do get a 75 76 nose i have the spoiler for that one, its a repop of the 69 slomaro chin spoiler

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sun May 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Slooooowwwwwwwmaro's
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

chevelle se - 1977 Chevelle SE - Page 2 Empty 1977 cehevelle se

Post by Limey SE Tue May 19, 2009 5:57 pm

located pics of the 77 SE Thanks to Doc Larry

chevelle se - 1977 Chevelle SE - Page 2 Chevellese
chevelle se - 1977 Chevelle SE - Page 2 Chevellese2

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by lincoln_guy1991 Wed May 27, 2009 5:10 am

Cool car I never heard of it until now. I like it! Too bad it's so rare! I'd love to find some of those parts.
lincoln_guy1991
lincoln_guy1991
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 am

So I'm rafting with a buddy today when the wind starts to blow against the current. We decide that our trip ain't gonna happen unless the winds die down or change in our favor so we start to look for a place to pull onto the shore when he realizes a friend of his lives about 1/4 mile up. We rowed downstream to his friend's place..... long story short, I found not one but two SE's! One was the car that started this thread, the other isn't in as decent shape. As the SE owner takes up to his driveway where our women were meeting us, I told him about the forum & complimented the car.

He said there was 1,200 made, not 50. Apparently he's done some research on it, & turned down a $19,000 offer on the restored one. He didn't seem to want to come on here, but he said if someone gives him the right offer he would take it. Wouldn't you know I didn't take a camera on the river, but at least I know where two of these bad boys are along with meeting the owner. All in all, it was a bad trip turned good.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:37 am

whered you go rafting?

chevelle se - 1977 Chevelle SE - Page 2 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:30 am

Nothing too big this time. We were on Spring River from Baxter Springs to Blue Hole state park. It's probably a 3-4 hour trip, but going against the wind would have made it close to 6 hours of constant rowing. I'm pretty burned, drunk, & tired, lol.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:32 am

Oh & on the way back, he smoked the Malibu in his Olds Aurora. Sad I gotta get some power.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

chevelle se - 1977 Chevelle SE - Page 2 Empty Chevelle SE Identification

Post by 77malibu Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:07 pm

I have read alot of people's opinions on what a Chevelle SE should look like, while I'm no expert I would suggest readers study the photo in Terry V. Boyce book Chevy Super Sports 1961-1976, I think it was published by Motorbooks International publishers & wholesalers Inc.
On page 133 & 134 shows a photo of a what appears to be a white SE, the author states these cars had Turbine II Wheels, front and rear spoilers of which the front spoiler is removed from the SE in the book. The rear spoiler is a fiberglass three piece with three color stripes on front and back with the words Chevelle SE spelled out on the rear of it and a small rainbow pattern after the word Chevelle SE.
The three different color stripes run over the top of the car, past the quarter windows down the length of the door and front fender and swing all the way down towards the bumper at a 90 degree.
These stripes are vinyl decals that do not cover the rear plastic quarter windows.
If you notice the red/orange decals with the large letters "SE" are right above the decal words "Special Edition" on each front fender right below the malibu classic emblem.
The photo of the White SE on a page of this thread looks different as it seems to be missing the SE fender decals and the front fender stripes don't swing completely down the fender it also is missing the front spoiler.
I have also seen another car on the internet stated as a Chevelle SE that was on ebay, and I noticed it was lacking the fender decals, and the stripes were painted over the rear quarter windows, the rear spoiler looked the correct size and shape but hard to tell the stripes.
The photo in Terry V. Boyce book Chevy Super sports seems to be about the only original photo around to use for a identification tool for this car, also Kevin Shemwell's SE on Doc and Spirals website is probable a pretty good example of what an SE should look like, pay close attention to the stripes and decals to see if they run completely down the fenders and remember the decals and stripes are not painted on.
I think I've read a Wikipedia post that states these cars have rally wheels and that statement has been picked up all over the web, and that adds to identification confusion.
Terry V. Boyce stated that about fifty were built, is there any more info on these cars, like who actually designed the package, on one line of a build sheet it states LM1 350 4bbl 8 SE.
Just wondering.

77malibu
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:44 pm

that's just awsome...........
brad
brad
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:42 pm

LIMEY!!! You need to update this thread with the good news and pics!
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 am

Biomedtech wrote:LIMEY!!! You need to update this thread with the good news and pics!

UM OK Talked with Kevin other day, The SE is almost ready to go he has almost all the parts gathered together..... other than that he has some pics he is working on getting here for me .....Just he works alot of hours and stuff

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 am

77malibu wrote:
The photo in Terry V. Boyce book Chevy Super sports seems to be about the only original photo around to use for a identification tool for this car, also Kevin Shemwell's SE on Doc and Spirals website is probable a pretty good example of what an SE should look like, pay close attention to the stripes and decals to see if they run completely down the fenders and remember the decals and stripes are not painted on.
I think I've read a Wikipedia post that states these cars have rally wheels and that statement has been picked up all over the web<<--- ( also not true the SE's were destined with Western Turbine wheels ), and that adds to identification confusion.
Terry V. Boyce stated that about fifty were built, is there any more info on these cars, like who actually designed the package, on one line of a build sheet it states LM1 350 4bbl 8 SE. <<---- Correct it does the 350 4bbl SE to designate that the Car was destined to be one of the SE cars and was to have a 350 instead of the normal 305 for 1977

And for the record this is Kevin Shemwells SE I am buying

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:43 am

Limey, I would love to see the 1977 Chevelle SE become the next COPO Camaro, but we need facts.

Do you have any documents, build sheets, window sticker, trim plate info or dealer info?

Western wheels didn't come from GM. GM provided steel rally wheels (15x7) on 1977 Chevelles as an optional wheel and it would be noted on the build sheet.

The LM1 was an optional engine in any 1977 Chevelle.
So at the minimum, an SE must have a vin of 1D37L7XXXXXXX.

Were all SEs built at the same plant?
Were they built at the same time, as in vin numerical order?

Since you know the last owner, can he hook you up with the guy he bought it from or previous owners relatives to get some history?

Maybe if we knew what specific dealership or dealerships, we could find someone that worked there, remembers the cars, and could fill in some blanks.

If you look around the internet, everyone copies the info from Doc & Spiral. Let's go one better and document this animal so we know what to look for.

I'll try to help if I can. I was able to chase the history of my last two vehicles back to to original owners. Both former owners still had stuff for the cars too, so it was worth doing. And you know the vehicle's story, mods, fixes, and who did what, and why.

Thanks -

Jerry
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:49 am

I am working on That Jerry Just takes time and yes there is a Build Sheet and the SE designated after the LM1 is on there and what I have found it means that motor / car was destined to be an SE...... More to follow as I find out

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:17 pm

note these side window louvers are diferent than the Laguna style louvers.
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezix91 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Limey SE wrote:located pics of the 77 SE Thanks to Doc Larry

chevelle se - 1977 Chevelle SE - Page 2 Chevellese2

A g3 chevelle with t-tops?!?!? = mind blown. Blow Up 
skeezix91
skeezix91
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokin4AReason Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:56 am

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520721

chevelle se - 1977 Chevelle SE - Page 2 A2de6c11

Lokin4AReason
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:05 am

thanks for Posting that Link, I wonder how many more are out there about my car LOL
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by martinsuper73 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:38 am

Anthony Heckman on the 73-77 Chevelles facebook page has one. Dont know if that has been mentioned yet.
martinsuper73
martinsuper73
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:56 am

martinsuper73 wrote:Anthony Heckman on the 73-77 Chevelles facebook page has one. Dont know if that has been mentioned yet.

Well the nerve of this Anthony guy using pics of my car

Oh wait thats me LOL Limey !
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Imposter!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:26 pm

hang him by his Special Ed nuts.....
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by logomines Thu May 10, 2018 2:13 am

Such a great post to know different useful information.

logomines
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2