G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Atlanta

5 posters

Go down

Hello from Atlanta Empty Hello from Atlanta

Post by Damon23 Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:58 pm

One day I was bored at work. I started watching some videos and ran across the big dog muscle video of the bank robber special. I had just sold a '63 Catalina and was looking around for something to replace it and something clicked. I've always wanted a 73-77 but never really looked at one serious enough to pull the trigger. After watching the video I started hunting on craigslist and ebay. I found this one out in Las Vegas and placed my bid.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191812607834?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I got a email confirming I won the bid and so I wired the money, set up the transport and it made it here in two weeks. I have not had time to really get it out and mess with it but I bought wheels and tires for it, carpet kit and shocks for up front. I bought the US Mags U110's in a 18 inch. My plan with the car is to go a pro-touring kind of look. Drop it a little, upgrade the brakes, repaint it so I can loose the moldings and the top and possibly to a LS and 5 speed swap. It will have to happen over time though. Right now it is a fun cruiser that should be enjoyable on the powertour. The car was bought new in Texas and 6 years ago they moved to Las Vegas. I have not found any rust yet but who knows once the interior comes out for the new carpet. The car is solid underneath so I have hope. I'm glad I found a place dedicated to these cars. I was in fear that the only thing out there would be for the earlier chevelle/malibu cars. I'm excited to make this one my own as I've see a bunch of great examples out there. The majority of the ones around here are lifted are have massive wheels on them. I'm not against anyones style but that is just not mine so I will be somewhat unique around here with mine.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Hello from Atlanta Empty Re: Hello from Atlanta

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:24 pm

That's a really nice car.
Hard to find 'em in that kinda condition.
Congrats.

It's also interesting that it has a clock but radio was deleted. Usually the other way around.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Welcome ... & congratulations!

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 79 CC to 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis?!
"Money can't buy happiness" __ Don Williams __ 'One Good Well'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:55 pm

When I first saw the interior pic I thought it had a delete plate as well. But it is one of those flip over stereos that someone cut the dash for. I really hate that was done as a stereo in a car is not really high on my priority. In the future I will find another bezel and come up with some sort of delete plate. I'll put those sawblades up for sale soon. If they don't sell as a set I'll break them up cause the tires are what are really desirable.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Yes sir I need the tires LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management