G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LS swap

4 posters

Go down

LS swap Empty LS swap

Post by JF74chevelle Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Who has done an LS swap here? I have a 74 Chevelle 4 speed Muncie I’ll keep it a manual. Maybe a T56. I would like to go for a 6.0 LS swap in the future with the terminator x. Who has done one how was it? What motor mounts and front accessory drive?
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

LS swap Empty Re: LS swap

Post by Iggy Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 am

My son is trying to convince me to go this same route rather than the 383 I started. There seems to be so much info out there is it confusing! From what I can tell you need plates that mount to the LS block and then you bolt your regular mounting hardware to the plate using the existing clam shell set up. The big issue seem to be keeping the engine in the stock location (in relation to the transmission) or move it forward.

The other issue I am ironing out is my son has already gotten a line on a 4L80E - was actually one I sold to a guy with a 71 Chevelle that swapped in a 5.3, he is now going with a T56. I am searching on what issues I may have with tunnel, or what I would need to do to not have any issues.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:24 am

I’m going to start this as a build thread. My buddy has a 6.2 short block that I’m picking up. Gonna do this cheap. Going to the junkyard and grabbing 862 heads to up compression to around 11:1-11.5:1. Going with a truck intake and a summit 226/238 .600/.600 lift cam. Should be a fun motor. Slowing going to put it together and update this thread.
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:50 pm

I was 2k in the conversion and that included the cost of a lq9 6.0 I kept it carbureted to save some cost. There has abeen a few things that will ultimately need addressed and ironed out since it is an engine that wasn't designed for these cars but it's a blast. Planning on doing some road trips this summer in it. 4l80e is same size as th400 just a bit longer so shorter drives haft. The plates I got off Amazon and if I had the location of the engine decided I would have gone with Holly's plates just to set the engine down a little. The mechanical fan wouldn't clear the fan shroud so I ended up going electric this year
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:57 pm

JF....see my post ( page 5) in the G3 projects section of this forum. 6.0 / 4L80E . I have done absolutely everything myself and the words CHEAP and LS swap......  is not realistic!!  LOL
LS swap Sc_cha10
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down