G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Window Felts

4 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Window Felts Empty Window Felts

Post by 76 Malibu Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:48 pm

Has anyone used the repro window felts made by fairchild:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fcd-kg2141/make/chevrolet/model/malibu/year/1976

I am looking at getting a set for my car, but wasn't sure on the quality and fit compared to the GM parts.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Window Felts Empty Re: Window Felts

Post by 76 Malibu Sun May 02, 2021 12:03 pm

Bump....anyone at all have any feedback?
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun May 02, 2021 2:28 pm

I saw a video on FB where they don't fit exactly the same. You need to run say a old credit card or something similar along where they meet the door to pull rubber back and make them sit flush and flat. This was for a Monte Carlo but it's probably the same.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77EC Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:38 am

If you are still in need, I have a few sets of NOS  GM inner and outers available. The down side, is I only sell them in sets of 4. I have quite a large quantity of NOS parts for 4th gen available. Due to some illness, my wife thinks I won't live long enough to use them. I have recently sold all my 4th gen El Caminos. And my 5th gen Crystalite conversion IROC  SS El Camino. If I can help, please drop me a line.

Regards  Brian Kissel

77EC
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:47 am

PM sent
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 77EC Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:03 pm

Afternoon 77 Camino. I checked my inbox and didn't find your pm. If you would like, you can send me a direct email to  bkissel at chartermi.net

That is the best address for me to send pictures through as well. I have been visiting this site for years, but don't normally sign in. I'm heading to work in a few minutes, but will check back when I get home tonight.

THANK YOU
Regards   Brian Kissel

77EC
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:46 pm

Brian, you are correct, my message did not go through. Not sure why, but will try your email.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:02 am

Brian, did you receive an email from me?
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:45 pm

77EC wrote:If you are still in need, I have a few sets of NOS  GM inner and outers available. The down side, is I only sell them in sets of 4. I have quite a large quantity of NOS parts for 4th gen available. Due to some illness, my wife thinks I won't live long enough to use them. I have recently sold all my 4th gen El Caminos. And my 5th gen Crystalite conversion IROC  SS El Camino. If I can help, please drop me a line.

Regards  Brian Kissel

I ended up getting a NOS passenger felt from another member here. If you end up splitting up the sets down the road, I would be interested in a driver's side exterior felt. My driver's side is decent but has a few minor flaws.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77EC Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:51 am

Hi Guys. Just got home from another 12 hour day. Trying to get this site figured out a bit. PM's don't seem to work as I thought they would. I will be answering the direct emails tomorrow. I have 5 sets of the NOS GM window felts in inventory. I am going to keep one set for my self in case the health issue gets figured out and I get another El Camino. Two of the others have been sold leaving me with 2 sets left. I will check with the guys that have contacted me in the order that I received the emails. If the picture comes through, you can see that I bought these back in 2003. I don't have all my packing slips, but found this one with one of the sets. I see classic chev. com still has the left inner for sale @ 109.00.   Here
https://www.classicchevy.com/el-camino-door-window-felt-inner-left-original-nos-original-gm-1973-1977-55-192796-1.html

Hopefully this picture shows upWindow Felts Ec_str10

Regards  Brian

77EC
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 77EC Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:55 am

76 Malibu, Thanks for your interest, but I prefer not to break up my sets. In the past (years ago) I always ended up with the one that nobody wants.

Regards  Brian

77EC
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down