G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

death of a g3

+7
The Dude
texan01
knightfan26917
dragons_lair59
kojak
1973montec
pila
11 posters

Go down

death of a g3 Empty death of a g3

Post by dragons_lair59 Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:22 pm

monday was a sad day both in my house and for 73-77 montecarlo lovers mine was put to rest. i couldnt watch nor could wife but she caught a glimpse and heard it all came back out to truck with a tear in her eye. managed to keep a few peices mostly for sentamental reasons kept top and lower grille bars, inserts in bumper, a montecarlo door script,the hood orniment and the head light bezels (they are mint) so now its time to recoupe and plan for next g3 i can get my hands on
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

death of a g3 Empty Re: death of a g3

Post by pila Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:38 am

I share that feeling. Had to scrap my '77 El Camino, that I bought new, last year. And it wasn't easy, as you know.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:39 pm

you junked it? Sad
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by kojak Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:45 pm

sorry for the loss Sad
kojak
kojak
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:02 am

had no choice tried selling it whole, parting out the good stuff and had no takers so pulled motor and trans and let it go
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Eeegads....very sorry Sad.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* 06/2011.RT=us66+NW USA*
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Will I be merry or will I be blue?" ... Deborah Allen ... 'Rockin' Little Christmas'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:53 pm

I was in your shoes about 10 years ago. My beloved 76 'Special Order Blue' Malibu Classic sedan which had carried me since the day I was born, served my parents for 16 years, became my first car which I drove for 8 years, all through high school and both colleges.

I pulled all the good parts, and hauled it off as it had way too much rust for me to handle as a poor college student, and it needed a complete restoration.

18 months ago I bought my 77 which other than color is darn near identical to the 76, but it's not quite the same, though it has plenty of parts from the 76.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 am

Sorry to hear, hope you can someday find another one! But something else... a 73-77 Monte isnt a 3rd Gen.. Unless you meant that you're after a Chevelle next, or a 78 Monte?
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:58 am

Very true Jimi, but I believe he was just using it as a generalization for the 73-77 cars. Most know that G3GM doesn't really make sense for Monte Carlo or El Camino, but we (for some unknown reason) tend to group them all as G3's. Guess it's just easier to say it that way, kind of like how most people refer to the gen3 & gen4 V8's currently being produced as LS motors when most are not an LSx.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Yeah, I had never really noticed until recently. I honestly never paid much attention to the name of the forum, I came around here because of the 73-77 GM people. Smile
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm

I remember the day we had to junk my first 75. It sucked. Big time.

The ex-butthead wanted to tranny out and he wanted to do it the easy way, so they hooked a chain over the top and down through the door to the frame, then pulled it sideways with a truck until it flipped onto it's side. I was PISSED! Then they thought they were going to leave it like that. NOT!

I had more than a tear in my eye. I had rage in them!

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:50 pm

HDHugger wrote:I remember the day we had to junk my first 75. It sucked. Big time.

The ex-butthead wanted to tranny out and he wanted to do it the easy way, so they hooked a chain over the top and down through the door to the frame, then pulled it sideways with a truck until it flipped onto it's side. I was PISSED! Then they thought they were going to leave it like that. NOT!

I had more than a tear in my eye. I had rage in them!

i took my very first 75 monte to the scrap yard and watched a 4 fingered claw come down grab it by the roof and take it to the top of the pile Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
death of a g3 Paint710
heres a pic of my 73 small block monte
death of a g3 Buster10
death of a g3 Buster11
death of a g3 Buster12
this was another 73 i had that caught fire.factory tac and gauges,swivels/console,air.
death of a g3 Burnt10
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall.Pixley Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:47 pm

im sorry to hear this
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley