G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craigslist Fun

2 posters

Go down

Craigslist Fun Empty Craigslist Fun

Post by Bill's 74 Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:23 pm

I have an older TV that I no longer want. It works great, but the right side of the screen is a little weird, and its been like that for years with no problem. That is the main reason I don't want to sell it, just give it away. Also, its HEAVY, big and boxy, making it hard to handle.

Yes, I posted all these details, and have had it listed a few times. The normal replies: gi'me, gi'me, can you deliver, bla bla bla. The first two were no shows, then call back the next day and want to come; NOPE. I waited a while between each listing as to reduce the chance of the same people seeing the ad. Yesterday I re-re-re-listed it, got a couple of emails right away, and figured it was gone (again).

This 'buyer' was a kid in college in FLORIDA, but his parents are in the next town and they would be picking it up for him. I gave him the dimensions and told him it would not fit in a small car. "No problem". The parents get here in their Hyndatsuta 4 door sedan, and tell me that their son is finishing school and will be back in a week and wanted a TV for his room. I express concern that the TV was too big for the car, but they told me not to worry, it looks like it will go right in. Needless to say it will not fit into any orifice the vehicle had. Now with them both tired from handling the monster, I assisted in relocating it back to my front porch. The father made a comment about not believing it would fit because his son said it would. I then stated "I hope he's not a Geometry major." No, it did not go over well, but then again, I don't care.

Have someone coming in a little while, more fun.

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Craigslist Fun Empty Re: Craigslist Fun

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Wow, whooda thunk trying to give something away would be such a PIA.

Good story, Bill.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Yep, weird.

The 7 pm was a no show. 4 emails, 3 calls and then nothing. Had someone else email and he did come and get it.

Crazy....

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down