G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a future plan that may anger some purist

+8
Roadcaptain S3
pila
JB2wheeler
laguna454/4spd
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
dragons_lair59
IndyG3
texan01
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

a future plan that may anger some purist  - Page 2 Empty Re: a future plan that may anger some purist

Post by laguna454/4spd Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:32 am

ok who started giving crack away here Shocked i guess iam just to plain ole stock too change any thing i really love a stock look thats what takes me to way back when iam getting old and i really like things that take me back to the good ole days when i see this dam nice elkie i say to my self nice ride clean stock look for what ever its worth you have a great looking elkie why fix it if its not broke i hope i dont step over the line here with that said its your ride you can pimp it out if you want to but i think its in a class all by its self now 1st class too all the best to you !
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

a future plan that may anger some purist  - Page 2 Empty Re: a future plan that may anger some purist

Post by Marshall.Pixley Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:15 pm

yeah it is in a cool class, and i may never get around to this, but i dont know yet.
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:15 am

Yeah, I can say "boxy", like a 5th gen G body El Camino Very Happy Just had to get that dig in there for the Elco guys Very Happy

I like my Malibu and Elco in stock form, but it's all a matter of taste. I do like the early Laguna front end though.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 am

Boxy, like a 5th gen Elky is better than a gumdrop, like a 2010 Furd Taurus. I guess somebody likes gumdrops, they sure sell a bunch of them. The best looking cars came from the 1950s and every car was differant. Now everything looks like a gumdrop regardless of brand. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:01 am

Yup! "they're all made out of ticky-tacky, and they all looky just the same" Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:13 am

Funny...all old people look the same too. Very Happy

As the saying goes...when you point your finger, there are always three others pointing back at you. Wink

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:31 am

Ah...... young kids are all alike as well with no taste in music & no respect for their elders. Razz

Anyways, back on topic with customizing an Elky. The Laguna front end was mentioned earlier & brings up a good point. People do this swap all of the time & no one complains. What's the difference if you have to bolt on fenders & doors as well? All of these parts are bolted on & can be reversed so it's not like you are hurting the car/truck's value any.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:56 am

Rago wrote:Ah...... young kids are all alike as well with no taste in music & no respect for their elders. Razz

Anyways, back on topic with customizing an Elky. The Laguna front end was mentioned earlier & brings up a good point. People do this swap all of the time & no one complains. What's the difference if you have to bolt on fenders & doors as well? All of these parts are bolted on & can be reversed so it's not like you are hurting the car/truck's value any.

So quit bla-blahing and do up a pic for it, I'd like to see what it might look like.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:56 am

Man, I listen to music older than you are. I have respect for my elders. I'm just razzing them like has been done to me for years. Wanted me to have thicker skin and dish it out? Well, there ya go Razz

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:Man, I listen to music older than you are. I have respect for my elders. I'm just razzing them like has been done to me for years. Wanted me to have thicker skin and dish it out? Well, there ya go Razz

Get 'im Kyle!!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:02 am

Wink

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 am

Bout damn time you put on your big boy pull ups Kyle.

Captain Chaos, it might take me a while to do the Photoshop. First I need some actual photos to work with & both cars need to be taken at the same/similar angles in order for it to look right. Otherwise I'll be happy to do it. Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Get on it brutha, youse is da only one wif any talent around here.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:58 pm

OK RAGO HERE YOU GO GET ON IT

a future plan that may anger some purist  - Page 2 Dscf1610_800x600a future plan that may anger some purist  - Page 2 DSC00008-2

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Here's a quickie. You kind of need to use your imagination since I screwed the color change up & didn't feel like messing with it anymore.

a future plan that may anger some purist  - Page 2 Buick10
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall.Pixley Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 pm

see i like that a lot. will eventually have someone like my buddy do the bed on it.
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:47 pm

I think it would be a very sharp look. IF DONE CORRECTLY.

Nothing looks good if its done half A$$.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2