G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swap Meet

4 posters

Go down

Swap Meet Empty Swap Meet

Post by Pdawgie Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Next weekend is the big swap meet, anybody else in the Portland area going?
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Swap Meet Empty Re: Swap Meet

Post by chevy76monteman Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:11 am

I will be going to the Expo Center swap meet on Friday, but will not be going to the PIR swap meet.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pdawgie Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:18 pm

I usually try and hit both. I hit the Expo first, then if I have enough time, hit PIR. I'm not sure which day I'm going yet, depends on my buddy and when he can go. Don't have a lot of things I'm looking for... just a couple of things for the Camaro (but then one just never knows now do they).
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Never been to the PIR swap meet. I've always gone to the Expo. I plan on getting an early start to get to the Max Park and Ride at PIR to take it down to the Expo Center instead of paying up the arse for parking and then have to deal with the hassle of waiting for one of the buses.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 pm

Got back from the swap meet a couple hours ago. I was surprised to see a couple A-bodies there for sale. There was a 76/77 El Camino who's owner was out of his mind for asking something like $7000 for it when it needed work (paint and interior work was needed).
Swap Meet IMG_0714

Saw a 75 Regal Landau that was in good shape for $3000, but it had the obvious vinyl top rust issues (could see bubbling).
Swap Meet IMG_0711

There was a 75 Laguna front facia for sale for $150.
Swap Meet IMG_0713

After all that looking around I didn't find anything I really needed for either my 86 Grand Prix or my 76 Monte Carlo, BUT I did find a set of wire basket wheels I use to have on the Monte that were in great shape with tires so I just had to buy them. $300 for the set.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:14 pm

damn that guna nose looks nice! Hmmm whats that square on the left side? I have a rust bubble underneath the urethane on mine in the same place....
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:52 pm

The square is just a piece of duct tape with the price and description on it.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:30 pm

chevy76monteman wrote:The square is just a piece of duct tape with the price and description on it.

You by chance happen to get his # did u? Although shipping this thing across the country would be horrendous!
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 am

I had someone interested in one of these a year ago or so, and the yard owner thought it would run about $250 to ship via truck from MN to the Carolinas. Of course, cost of gas has risen another $.75/gal since then.

Is that some curb damage on the lower RH corner? Otherwise, nice looking front end. Doesn't look to have the typical hairline cracks from the urethane drying out.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Pdawgie Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:41 pm

I saw that nose and it did look pretty nice, I also counted a total of "3" 74 Laguna grilles for around $50 each. Scored on a few things but nothing for the Laguna...
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down