G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

come one come all

+7
JB2wheeler
abajc3
Tom77
orange Juiced
Limey SE
Mcarlo77
74MonteCarlo
11 posters

Go down

come one come all  Empty come one come all

Post by Limey SE Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:36 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/240679839309123/

Got tired of debating whether a 75-79 Cadiallac and so forth shared the same platform as our cars with ..............well lets leave it that the other 73-77 group was good but they were posting cars of peeps they were finding on the net .......... And comparing apples to oranges this will be our Cars from 73- 77 only thanks Limey

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

come one come all  Empty Re: come one come all

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:29 am

Wow...

Oh, and I know you have me BLOCKED on Facebook, Anthony.

Thanks.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:51 am

Kyle like I said in the pm it was not done to harm your group I was asked by at least 10 members from that group to start a new one ..........and No I do not have you blocked on FB but really you could not have left that in a PM ?

for they wanted more of a group that would talk about projects and there progress not to have a million and one pics of GM's copied and pasted to the group without knowing who's actual car it was.....so again... yea

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:12 am

i dont want to get myself involved in an any kind of argument here, but non-stop postings of random g3s annoyed me too. not that some of those pictures werent interesting, but having a new notification on the facebook every 10mins gets annoying. so i rarely follow that group anymore because thereĀ“s a bunch of random pics from google there that noone knows anything about.

as i said since we`re walking on a thin ice here, i dont want to get myself involved in any kind of argument, i just want to point out stuff that might need improving.

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:18 am

Bajc, I agree - it has been overwhelming. I've been wanting to go through and clean it up, just haven't had the time to. I have blocked that Pedro guy, doing all of the comparisons. I am going to clean up the photos too.

To the members of my 73-77 A group, I am sorry for the useless content being posted. I am going to clean it up, and keep a closer eye on it.

I've been a bad admin Embarassed

I wish someone had told me sooner...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:24 am

Its ok Kyle we all live and learn thru our life buddy thats what defines us as a person !!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:25 am

yeah that guy really took his time to do the research. some of it was quite interesting, but there was just too much of it.

but dont worry about it too much, its only internet:) we all get carried away sometimes.

i will participate in both groups and not side with anyone

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:43 am

I don't even get on FB anymore. Sometimes when I "like" a video on You-tube it will post up there, but that's about it. I see enough of my friends without prying into which type of jelly that they prefer or what color socks that they are wearing today. With that said, those guys posting numerous random pics or whatever could slow down a little, but posting pics of a Cadillac or Caprice on a 73-77 A Body specific site? OH NO THAT'S BLASPHEMY!!! LMAO

https://www.g3gm.com/f36-close-cousins

come one come all  103_2311
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Ha, Rago...I'm with you concerning FB! I mean...who gives a rat's arse about the minutiae of others' lives?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:18 pm

I am on the other side I do like FB for keeping in touch with Family and making new G3 friends that didnt know about this site and have since had about 10 members ( new ) sign up because of FB, its not a rush to see how many come here , Its just they didnt know this site existed and were very happy to Join !!

Also its a good way to get Events out there like the one for the BOP wars in Byron Illinois on September 10th and 11th it will be a good time but if just posted here it would not get as much exposure as FB has done !!!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Good point Limey. It is nice to check in every once in a while, but like I said, most of my close relatives & friends I see enough of as it is, lol! I do have a buddy down in Arkansas & another in Montana that I keep in touch with on occasion, but seriously.... I got tired of going on there to see about people's feelings, opinions, & worst of all... what they were doing every moment of the day. Hey we all go #2, but do you have to announce it to the world so that we know yours is brown with green swirls?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:14 pm

I hate FB and twitter, to much BS. I could careless where and what you're eating, or what you are wearing to go out. Also every other pic that is posted is either them in front of a mirror in the bathroom, or the duck face, or the stupid planking.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:26 pm

i think facebook can be quite useful, if you stay discrete. i often communicate with some friends that live far away and see whats going on with them. i also use it for communication with my buddies instead of calling them on the phone sometimes. but i rarely update my status and try to keep it discreet. i also dont "like" every damn thing, thats only scam so they can bomb you with advertisments later.

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Not that I get on much either but what is the FB page anyhow?
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:38 pm

here`s one
https://www.facebook.com/groups/237252941266/

and here is another one:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/240679839309123/

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 pm

You can't open those links unless you sign in to Facebook. I joined Facebook, but never use it. I cant make it work. I get an Email that I have recieved a message and a link to it, but when I hit the link I get a sign in page and after I sign in it does not take me to a message. So now I just ignore them. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:31 pm

I kinda liked the stuff the guy was posting, all those specs and stuff. I posted that pic of that 79 Caddy just so he and others could see the car he was talking about (It isnt a random pic that is my friends car), not annoying at all. I dont get what the problem is? Most of what is there is 73-77 stuff anyhow.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 am

It was interesting to debate him for the first time or two, then after that it got old with him just spouting what he already knew, instead of asking a question or two.

I know I'm a fount of useless knowledge on these cars, but even that got old with him dragging it back to the top.

Thanks for cleaning it up!

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:48 am

Tex, no knowledge is useless. Especially on THIS forum, lol!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:40 pm

ant7377 wrote:I kinda liked the stuff the guy was posting, all those specs and stuff.

Glad I'm not the only one. I, too, actually liked seeing those comparisons, though I did think it became a bit TOO much. Still ... I didn't think it was that annoying; I thought it was interesting.

*shrugs*

And, I, too, like Facebook for keeping up with family and friends across the country and world....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * CruiseNites_2011_Chi.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"All around me are familiar faces" __ Tears For Fears __ 'Mad World'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: