G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show Your Parts

+2
alleyball4
Laguna Budman
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Show Your Parts Empty Show Your Parts

Post by 77mali Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Post your pics of new "Aftermarket" parts for our 73-77 GM A Body vehicles!!!

I'll Start off as Santa sent some stuff from The Parts Place, inc. I'm very pleased with the quality!

Radiator Core Support Bushings- round ("Kit") P/N #HB2834C
Show Your Parts Img_0010

Dome Lamp Lens #IN2506Z & Dome Lamp Lens Housing #IN2504Z
Show Your Parts Img_0011

Brake Booster Firewall Seal #BR10860Z
Show Your Parts Img_0012

Window Crank Springs # IN4852Z & Window Crank Washers #IN4851Z
Show Your Parts Img_0013

Power Steering Pump Bolt (@ Frame) #ST2875Z (Perfect Match)
Show Your Parts Img_0014

Sport Mirror Replacement Glass LH #XP2028Z & RH #XP4437Z
The one on the bottom looks like it may be incorrect (looks like a 70-72 glass).
Will have to match it up on the housing & see for sure but Santa ordered the right part # LOL.
Show Your Parts Img_0015
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Show Your Parts Empty Re: Show Your Parts

Post by Joe73 Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:38 pm

77mali, can you post up the diameter of the rubber part of those bushings? I bought a nice set for a 72 gto complete body bushing kit, and they look great, but they are about 3/16" smaller in diameter. What do your look like?
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Joe
They are 2" diameter. I have not compared to the old ones yet & they seem to be slightly different but a couple of other members said they bought them & they worked good. I got the kit w/out the hardware as my bolts & such are still good but they sell one of those kits as well.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Hmm, 2" mine are out in the garage but they are definitely bigger than that. Two inch seems kinda small compared to what normally comes in our cars. Mine arent as big as the original ones but I dont see any problems using them. BTW, my new body bushings are also a little smaller in diameter.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 pm

no parts this year. the wife and I exchanged presents early.
in May we got a house,

Show Your Parts Img_0610
in August we built a bigger a barn,Show Your Parts 8-30-310
in Sept the lift made the barn a shop.Show Your Parts 10131210
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Joe73 wrote:Hmm, 2" mine are out in the garage but they are definitely bigger than that. Two inch seems kinda small compared to what normally comes in our cars. Mine arent as big as the original ones but I dont see any problems using them. BTW, my new body bushings are also a little smaller in diameter.

I'll double check on them. They're closed til Jan 2nd but I have to call about the sport mirror glass anyway. I'll compare the p/n's on the receipt maybe they shipped or I ordered the wrong ones.

The original ones look a bit more like a body bushing (at least the lower end):
Show Your Parts P1010110
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah, that lower one does look like a body bushing. I'm going to try to get some measurements on my set tomorrow.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Post some pics (of the new bushings too) Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:17 am

Ok, I checked mine and took some pics. Yes, mine are 2" as well. I matched them up to my original bushings and the new ones are about 3/16" smaller ALL AROUND. Here's my set along side an original 73 set for comparison. Bushings are laid out in the order they get installed. Rad support would be on the right of the pic, then the 4 in row are for under the firewall and so on. My set say they are for a 68-72 GTO convertible. Just have to get a hardware kit. I'd like to spray some clear coat on the bolts, inserts and washers before I install.

Show Your Parts 2h31uvs

Show Your Parts Hulv1d

Show Your Parts Eivybk

Show Your Parts Vdn2ad
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:15 am

Looks like the core supports are the same as mine. I wonder if the difference in the diameter will be negated slightly by compression since they're rubber & not urethane? You'll have to let us know. Very Happy

I'm going to fit mine later today hopefully to the core support to check that they are OK in the openings. Gotta find the hardware, LOL.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 pm

I dont think the diameter is because of compression. My measurement is going by the diameter of the metal insert. I have no problem using these, they seem real durable. I tried all the bushings in my new chassis and they fit nice and snug. I dont think we'll have any problems with these.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:31 pm

They may need some washers to make it work for the height. I did confirm they will fit through the core support. I might also try using some compressible neoprene to make up some beef against the core support & frame if they don't have better ones. May have to swap bolts too.
One thing for sure- GM's were way better.

Show Your Parts Img_0016

Show Your Parts Img_0017

Show Your Parts Img_0018

Show Your Parts Img_0019

Show Your Parts Img_0020
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Yup, looks like you going to have to make up a little height. I dont think I'll have that problem because I'm swapping frames. So all the bushing will be the same height when I start. I like the neoprene idea, or even if you can find a piece of polyurethane. Another thought would be a fishing bait board. Thats some durable, slightly flexible plastic. You can cut a nice piece of it with a hole saw. Nice and round, paint it black and your good. Just a thought.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:34 pm

We'll see what they say- maybe I can get a couple of their body bushings & see if they'd work better for the application. I have a set of calipers so shouldn't be too bad to get what I need hopefully.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Just had this thought. If the new bushings are a little shorter will our original body bolts work, or would they be too long. Just wondering if since we're using 68-72 bushings should we be using 68-72 bolts. Everything being the same. I would assume that we would need the 68-72 bolts. Can anyone confirm??? The bolts for the rad support wouldnt matter because the nut is exposed. Any thoughts??
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:10 pm

You can use a Grade 8 washer to make up some difference if needed where the head of the bolt will make contact.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:23 pm

good idea. thanks
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:42 pm

You guys waste to much time wondering. As I have said before time after time this 68-72 conv set works on our cars. My car is done and driving and there are no problems. You all may not like my car or opinions but as I said it works, as Forrest Gump would say "that's all I have to say about that"
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Laguna Budman wrote:You guys waste to much time wondering. As I have said before time after time this 68-72 conv set works on our cars. My car is done and driving and there are no problems. You all may not like my car or opinions but as I said it works, as Forrest Gump would say "that's all I have to say about that"

You know what dude- I started this thread as a place for members to maybe show some pics & discuss aftermarket parts. If you don't like the content- don't comment. As far as your car goes I have NO F___G idea what your talking about. I don't think anyone on this forum has ever had anything negative to say about it or you for that matter. Grow up bro.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Nuff said Mali. Just tellin you guys that it works. I've told ya and told ya. In fact a member called me today about it to ask questions and I was glad to answer them. All I was trying to do is save you guys some cash cause it worked for two of my cars. As far as growning up I have. Good luck on all your cars, hope to see em in the future. Budman signing out!
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:14 pm

I appreciate all the advice & suggestions from this site (yours included).

I would not be anywhere near where I am on my car if I had not found this site. I apologize if you think something in this thread was aimed at you personally somehow but I assure you it wasn't. My response was a bit over the line too, sorry.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyball4 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 am

Laguna Budman wrote:Nuff said Mali. Just tellin you guys that it works. I've told ya and told ya. In fact a member called me today about it to ask questions and I was glad to answer them. All I was trying to do is save you guys some cash cause it worked for two of my cars. As far as growning up I have. Good luck on all your cars, hope to see em in the future. Budman signing out!

that was me you helped .... thanks Budman !!
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 am

OK .. let's keep it friendly here. Very Happy
The thickness of the core support bushings will affect how the front fenders fit & the match up with the front of the doors. You may have to do some shimming with large washers etc to make things line up. I went through that on my Elco project, so just passing it on.....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Hey Joe
Turns out they shipped me core support bushings for a 70 Chevelle (at least that's what they think they were). I got new ones today that except for a slight difference in height are a dead match & they come with new hardware too. Much better & I think that the 3/16" difference in "width" will be offset by compression. They also sent the correct sport mirror glass so- YEA Parts Place!

Show Your Parts Img_0211

Show Your Parts Img_0212

Show Your Parts Img_0213
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm

I think they look like a match.