G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stick Shift

+3
Limey SE
thatfnthing
Mcarlo77
7 posters

Go down

Stick Shift Empty Stick Shift

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:21 am

Not a G3 but, I had to share what I saw the other day at the salvage yard. Check out this dash stick shift on a '55 Chrysler Windsor Nassau! Don't believe I've ever seen that particular setup. This car is for sale (only 18,000 made).

Stick Shift Chrysl10

Stick Shift Chrysl11
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Stick Shift Empty Re: Stick Shift

Post by thatfnthing Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:34 am

That would make an awesome custom. If only I had the time and space.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Like it a lot, But like the one Behind it even more !!
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:55 pm

That would make a pretty nice cruiser. Lower it a little and put some different wheels, or at least paint the wheels and put some poverty caps.  i would leave the rest of the cosmetics alone.Cool
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:48 pm

Speaking of stick shifts (column shift lever) are there any good repros? The stick shift on my Malibu works fine but the surface is starting to deteriorate. I assume they were the same for G3 Chevys?
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:48 pm

Stick Shift Van_sh10
That might have been a fluid drive in that year?  Chrysler had a couple of strange shifters for sure. How about the 60's vans?
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:00 pm

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:Speaking of stick shifts (column shift lever) are there any good repros? The stick shift on my Malibu works fine but the surface is starting to deteriorate. I assume they were the same for G3 Chevys?

There are two different kinds that were used on our cars; one for tilt, one for non-tilt.

I have a tilt column and I'm using a lever made by IDIDIT. It engages the detents correctly and looks fine but the angle isn't exactly the same as the original. Nevertheless, it works perfectly. You can see it in both my transmission linkage repair videos…

zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:14 pm

zucchi wrote:
76Chevelle2Tone wrote:Speaking of stick shifts (column shift lever) are there any good repros? The stick shift on my Malibu works fine but the surface is starting to deteriorate. I assume they were the same for G3 Chevys?

There are two different kinds that were used on our cars; one for tilt, one for non-tilt.

I have non tilt. I have found a repro turn signal lever which on the car is suffering the same surface rot as the stick shift. But the shift has been tough to find. Thanks for the video.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down