G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mustang refugee....

+6
Limey SE
JB2wheeler
The Dude
coreys73chevelle
Roadcaptain S3
badbiscayne66
10 posters

Go down

Mustang refugee.... Empty Mustang refugee....

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed May 27, 2009 10:15 am

Hi all. First car back in High School was a 74 malibu classic. (mid 80's, a looong time ago) Loved that darn car. Missed that darn car. Been fooling around with mustangs for several years(fox bodies and classics) Started looking for another malibu some time ago and came across a 75 laguna. Loved it, got it. Unusual car. White w/Black trim exterior. Interior is all black, except the seats, which are white bench. Motor and electrical system are SHOT. Rest of the car is in good shape. Even had the original owners manual and warranty info made out to the orig owner in Oct of 75. Pretty cool. I plan on doing a lot of work in the near future, and will be looking to ya'll for help, along with the 73 77 section over at CT. However, after reading over some of the posts over here, I'm a little leery of CT. Ha.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Mustang refugee.... Empty Re: Mustang refugee....

Post by JB2wheeler Wed May 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Welcome Road Captian. There is nothing wrong with CT. There is nothing wrong with this board. If someone offered you a bowl of Vanila ice cream and a bowl of chocolate ice cream and told you you could have your choice, would you take them both or just one of them and throw the other one away? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed May 27, 2009 2:41 pm

I got slapped a little over there in 65 66 big car section!!!!!!
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed May 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Welcome aboard! I never personally been on "the other board", but I can say that the guys on here are the reason I found my 2 current G3s. Well, BlackChevelleSS anyways, lol. But seriously there are some good people on here & you don't have to read through pages of "forum drama" to get your info.

Post some pics of your ride!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed May 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Oh, & put the rustangs out to pasture!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed May 27, 2009 4:34 pm

Oh, I am attempting to empty my stable of mustangs (HA), in fact I traded an 87 GT for the S3- Pretty sure I got the best end of the deal. Stll have to sell a 65 coupe, that will finance the new motor and electrical work I'll have to do. Thrilled to have a chevy again, It's kinda like getting divorced after 20 years and hooking back up with your first high school crush- except in this case I can fix all the broken stuff-yuk,yuk
I did post one picture of the S3 in the gallery-I'll try to figure out how to get some more on. Thanks for the welcome. i like it here.

PS-Mr. Jb, I was referring to some posts over in the "Off Topic" section
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed May 27, 2009 5:11 pm

welcome and good luck with the 75'
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed May 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:...It's kinda like getting divorced after 20 years and hooking back up with your first high school crush- except in this case I can fix all the broken stuff-yuk,yuk

Wouldn't that be nice...

I think you got the better end of the deal. You can always find another 5.0 on any neighborhood corner, but a Laguna? Good luck. Don't get me wrong I'm not completely anti-Ford, I just prefer cars that require individuality instead of the "Trendy cars" (Mustangs, Jeeps, Honda Civics, etc.).
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote: PS-Mr. Jb, I was referring to some posts over in the "Off Topic" section
I do not like unibody construction and that includes Mustangs. I used to have a 67 Falcon (same thing as a Mustang except taller). It was a nice car, but it was like riding around inside a tin can. As for T, you will find bad eggs in any neighborhood, whither poor or rich. The same applies to boards like CT. You soon learn who to ignore. When I first joined there, they made it plain that an El Camino was an inferior stepchild. I ignored them and now they dont say it anymore. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed May 27, 2009 6:02 pm

welcome aboard buddy and glad you came to your senses and came back to what you are really in love with. I am really in love with these cars alot and be sure to post up some pics of your ride and profile and such .......... BUT MOST OF ALL WELCOME HOME

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Wed May 27, 2009 11:31 pm

Welcome Roadcaptain. Glad you came to your senses and went back to the BOWTIE. Hope you enjoy the site. Time to put the the ponys on the wild horse preserve and let them live out the rest of their lives in the grass where they belong. Remember on a quiet night you can here a Ford start to rust. LOL Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by corvette_jeff Sun May 31, 2009 7:23 pm

howdy and welcome!

CT isnt all that bad, i'm a memmber on there, like JB said, theres bad eggs in every neighborhood! Dont give up on CT just yet, theres alot of great people on there! As for the mustangs, I like em, just dont wanna own one Very Happy
corvette_jeff
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun May 31, 2009 7:30 pm

welcome to G3GM, we have a 68 XR7 cougar weve been working on for quite some time and after working on it for so long, I am glad to be a chevy person. No more Fords for me.
I hope you like it here, most of the people who has joined sticks around and does enjoy the site.

Mustang refugee.... SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:37 am

corvette_jeff wrote:CT isnt all that bad, i'm a memmber on there

I'm over there, too! And, I agree ... a lot of great people there.

corvette_jeff wrote:like JB said, theres bad eggs in every neighborhood!

*chuckles*

Yep ... even Ch#$r%*et has its fair share since the mid-1980s, starting with that dang Ch#$r%*et Corolla/Toyota Nova ... and continuing today with the Celebrity/Lumina/"impala".... *sighs*

Roadcaptain ... have any pics of your Mustangs you've owned, by chance? Would be cool to see them, too! And, of course, WELCOME!!!!! Good to have you here, too! Smile

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"See the light come over now" ... Moby ... 'South Side'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down