G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chevy truck speedometer difference

3 posters

Go down

chevy truck speedometer difference Empty chevy truck speedometer difference

Post by Dead Man Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:59 am

just picked up an 1988 chevy dually, and ive noticed it has a different gauge cluster in it, and from what i can gather they come both ways, and was just wondering why. is it just customer choice at the time or is there a reason why some got them and others didnt, here are the 2 pics. most are just the grey and black but mine and a few others ive seen is the striped kind.

chevy truck speedometer difference 01aa52f8-8371-4f2e-b677-b05d8cb9dee9_zpsqxwbnzi2

chevy truck speedometer difference 4bbfd89a-ec7c-4364-80b3-efb3c18fb905_zpsoi7blzys
Dead Man
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

chevy truck speedometer difference Empty Re: chevy truck speedometer difference

Post by dynchel Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:51 am

The bottom one looks a little fancier, maybe the "better" trucks got the nicer looking gauges?
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 am

73ssbb wrote:just picked up an 1988 chevy dually, and ive noticed it has a different gauge cluster in it, and from what i can gather they come both ways, and was just wondering why. is it just customer choice at the time or is there a reason why some got them and others didnt, here are the 2 pics. most are just the grey and black but mine and a few others ive seen is the striped kind.

Different model years.

The striped is 88-89 (ish) which were poorly received by the public.  The non striped version was an attempted quick fix to relieve some of the complaints until the cluster could be redesigned with the interior refresh.  

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:06 am

Well that seemed way to easy lol, thanks guys
Dead Man
Dead Man