G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear

4 posters

Go down

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Empty Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear

Post by 01tjay Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:01 pm

I've looked all over the internet with not a lot of luck. Does anyone have a NOS set tucked away somewhere they would be interested in selling to me? If not, does anyone actually know the GM part number for them front and rear? I really only need the rubber as my chrome guards are good. It's just the rubber that has crumbled away. But I am willing to buy complete guards though if need be. Thanks!

01tjay
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Empty Re: Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear

Post by Joe73 Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:11 pm

I just checked my parts manual and it only lists the 1974 chevelle. No mention of the laguna. Are the bumper guards the same chevelle which would have the chrome bumper vs. laguna with the rubber nose ??

Anyway, parts book says the following for the 1974 Chevelle

FRONT
Guard Assembly 342123-24
Cushion Assembly 342125

REAR
Guard Assembly 342119-20
Cushion Assembly 342121

I have no idea if the above numbers have been superseded. But its what I have. Good luck with the search..
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Empty Re: Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear

Post by Joe73 Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Also, if you google 1974 chevelle parts wiki you can get into the dealer parts catalog and diagrams. Real pain to navigate but it does work.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:09 pm

It doesn't actually list bumper guards in the parts book for '74 Laguna but you definitely have them.  

I have a set of NOS '74 Chevelle bumper guards, Front.

Look at the pictures and compare the contour of the guards.  
You probably want white cushions?  These are black.

Let me know.  Thanks-

Jerry

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard(1)

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard(2)

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard(3)

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard(4)
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 01tjay Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:56 am

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Jerry, could you possibly measure just the rubber on those for me? The shape of the chrome guard is all wrong to fit on mine, but my guards are in good shape. It's just the rubber that's shot. So maybe I could still use the rubber from yours. How much are you asking? And would you be willing to sell just the rubber if the size is correct?

Thanks,
Jay

01tjay
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Empty Do you still have the bumper guards, Thx

Post by malibu marcia Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:53 pm

jerry46765 wrote:It doesn't actually list bumper guards in the parts book for '74 Laguna but you definitely have them.  

I have a set of NOS '74 Chevelle bumper guards, Front.

Look at the pictures and compare the contour of the guards.  
You probably want white cushions?  These are black.

Let me know.  Thanks-

Jerry

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard(1)

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard(2)

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard(3)

Looking for 1974 Laguna Bumper Guards front and rear Bumper_Guard(4)

malibu marcia
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:04 pm

The guards were sold last summer, but let me look around. I have a lot of parts.

Please PM me with your email address and we'll go from there.

Thank you -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down