G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many different wheels have you had on your G3??

+8
chevy76monteman
bigredlaguna
BlackChevelleSS
Limey SE
JB2wheeler
74MonteCarlo
1973 454 MONTE
IndyG3
12 posters

Go down

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Empty How many different wheels have you had on your G3??

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:56 pm

So far I have had 4 different kinds in 7 years.

When I brought it home,it had Cragars on it.
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 73_cra10

Than I had 7" rallies on it,with the flat center.
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 73_ral10
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 73_smo10

Than I had the 8" corvette aluminums.
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 73_alu10

Than I had 8" rallies with blk walls.
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 73_ral11

I tried them without trim rings.
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 73_ral13

Than I tried the 8" aluminums with blk walls.
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 73_alu11

But I'm stuck with the 8" aluminums with the raised white letters.Just looks good..... Laughing
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 73_smo11
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Empty Re: How many different wheels have you had on your G3??

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:18 am

i feel like i started this thread LMAO

5 sets in 2 years LMAO edit: 6 sets OMG LMFAO O MY GODDNESS EDIT: 7 SETS IN 2.5 YEARS EDIT: UNDERWEAR IS NOW CHANGED 8 SETS IN 2.5 YEARS

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Th_newcar2009-1
FIRST SET THAT CAR CAME WITH

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Newpics004THEN THESE HATED THESE THE MOST

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? NAKEDMALIGOON005
THEN THE RALLY WHEELS CHROME

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Rimsoncarforsale004
I FORGOT ABOUT THESE ha ha ha

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 29963970059_large
17" hotwheels not bad but not for me LOL

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Novaralleysforsale002
HAD THESE FOR SPARES LOL

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Gooneyliveson016
WELD RACING WHEELS

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 29963970084_large
AND THIS IS HOW SHE WILL HIT THE STREETS

Last edited by Limey on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Empty Re: How many different wheels have you had on your G3??

Post by IndyG3 Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:22 am

I agree with the last pic! Looks good!
I know some might disagree with me, but I've got a set of 15x8 Corvette ralleys all the way around my Chevelle. It's the only thing that's been on the car since the original steel wheels with the hubcaps. It looks good, so I don't think I'll be changing the wheels anytime soon.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:49 am

4 different sets in a year..... Not any pics tho

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:53 am

pics added brother G3 'er

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:55 am

For 25 years I had rallies on my montes.But 20 years ago I did experiment with others.

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Blu_7510
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Blu_yl10
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 74_ylw10
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? Blk_sb10
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:31 am

Nothing but the original Rallys. I have switched the center caps a few times from the original Derby style to police caps. Always go back to the Derbys after about a week. Razz

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:41 am

My favorite wheels are the SS396 wheels my dad put on his/now my 74. I think Furd calls this wheel the Maginum 500. Those wheels were 14" and I wanted 17" so I could put larger aftermarket brakes on and I bought Centerline wheels that have the sleeper look to them. The sleeper look has a lot of advantages, not the least of which is less attention from John Law. JB http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19847223
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Limey, I thought this was your thread too, but I might be catching up.

Since we're talking about G3s, I can include my old 76. No pics, but here's how it went over the course of three years.

1. Bought car with plain steel wheels.
2. Swapped on some Cragar Quick Tricks (one of my favorites to this day)
3. Got bored of the QTs & put on Pontiac Rallies
4. Realized those were ugly & bought a set of Ansen Slots with some older slicks for $50 at a swap meet. Ran those until I got tired of the DOT bothering me.
5. Tried some Rally wheels for about a week, but they were as bad as the Poncho wheels.
6. Went back to the original plain steel wheels when I moved to Tulsa. Car was impounded soon after.

My new 76, well still no pics cause I'm lazy but here goes:
1. Bought car with 3 steelies & one chrome Rally, uggghhh.
2. Put my Olds Rally wheels on. I liked the look, but everyone kept asking what kind of Oldsmobile I had. Kind of gets old explaining myself after a while.
3. Got a set of Torq Thrust look-a-likes. Mounted them once but never drove on them, so does that count?
4. Put some 14" Nova Rallies on. Either these or the Torq Thrusts might go on the 73 because.......
5. I just received some new wheels for my B-day! Very Happy Wife got me some 7?-82 Corvette wheels. Not sure on the year, but they look great. Bad news is I spent $45 on the wrong lugnuts. Should have got some shorter shanks. Anyone wanna guess what she paid?

LOL, the 73 still has some mismatched set that Dan had on there. Wife's gonna get her choice of wheels..... maybe. Razz
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Rago wrote:Limey, I thought this was your thread too, but I might be catching up. I just received some new wheels for my B-day! Very Happy Wife got me some 7?-82 Corvette wheels. Not sure on the year, but they look great. Bad news is I spent $45 on the wrong lugnuts. Should have got some shorter shanks. Anyone wanna guess what she paid?Razz
I am gonna say 45 bucks with bad tires and she is gonna get them for you as well LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Limey wrote:I am gonna say 45 bucks with bad tires and she is gonna get them for you as well LOL

$100. Two of the tires need replaced, but I gotta spoon out for it myself. Bad thing is she asked what size tires I needed for the Torq Thrusts & she brought these back. Women.............sheesh.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:02 am

hey at least they are 15"
I still think the torq thrusts would look awesome on the 73...

On my 70 ive had about 5 different wheels but not complete sets, the only ones that stayed for longer than a week were the original SS magnum 500s and the Supremes I have now.
But I have had 10 different rear tires in the past 5 years of driving it....only 2 different fronts and that was because of the wheel change from the 14" magnums to the 15" supremes

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Since we're on the subject of wheels, I've gotta get this off of my chest.

Why did Centerline quit making the Champ 500s? Those wheels were gnarly. Call me odd, but they rank in my top five favorites which are:

1. Centerline Convo Pro (hands-down favorite)
2. Ansen slots
3. Champ 500
4. Weld Draglite
5. Maybe the Cragar Quick Tricks, IDK. I like being different.

Also, I once had an Elky with some very odd looking checkered wheels. To this day I've never seen another set. These were solid with a real odd checker pattern & I was told they were "Hurricane wheels", but I've never seen any info on them. I wish I would have taken a pic before I scrapped them, because they were so ugly that everyone needs to see them at least once, LOL. Anyone else know what wheels I'm talking about?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 am

"Also, I once had an Elky with some very odd looking checkered wheels. To this day I've never seen another set. These were solid with a real odd checker pattern & I was told they were "Hurricane wheels", but I've never seen any info on them. I wish I would have taken a pic before I scrapped them, because they were so ugly that everyone needs to see them at least once, LOL. Anyone else know what wheels I'm talking about?"

Like these?

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 4597130011_medium
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:40 am

I've technically had 5 sets of wheels on my 76 Monte Carlo.

1. Turbine II wheels from the factory until 1987 when my grandfather bought new wheels. (No pics)

2. 15x7 Appliance wire-basket wheels from 1987 until 2005.
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? My_Monte_at_Car_Show-1_zpsb45e8906

3. 15x7 1973-1975 Turbine II wheels (dark gray color) for a brief period of time. Sometime between 2003 and 2004 just because I wanted to see what they look like on my car. (No pics)

4. 15x7 silver-painted Chevy Rally wheels from 2005 to 2011.
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? DSC05043_zpsa06a0f0e

5. 15x7 Appliance wire-basket wheels 2011-present (again. Bought them from the Portland Auto Swap meet in 2010).
How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 0505121613_zps52d79af5

Last edited by chevy76monteman on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated the list)
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:16 am

bigredlaguna wrote:Like these?

How many different wheels have you had on your G3?? 4597130011_medium

I think that's them, but it's hard to tell. Checkered right? At least I'm not the only one that's seen 'em. Looks like the designer had some bad coke, lol. drunken affraid bounce
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:57 pm

When i bought my 74 chevelle it had 14/7 american racing nugget mags. I changed those to 15/8 corvette rally wheels for about ten years. It currently rides on 15/7 and 15/8 ansen sprint mags. (Highly polished) so that is 3 sets in 19 years. Thumbs up
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:57 pm

When I bought my SS it had 14x7 chrome slots all around. I quickly changed them to 14x7 and 14x8 aluminum slots, not polished but acid etched. Looked almost white in color when clean. I used to use "bleech white" tire stuff on the rims. Then in '89 I put my current centerlines on her. 15x3 1/2 on the front and 15x10 on the rear.

So that would be 3 sets.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:25 pm

When I got my 73 SS it had the original 14x7 rallys with those rare SS caps, then I put on Boss#338 wheels with a grey center and a polished lip 18x8's, I also had my corvette rallys 15x8's on for a while, and when I had the Boss wheels on my 75 Grand Am, I had Pontiac ralleyII 15x7's on it. That makes 4 on that one.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down