G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found

3 posters

Go down

Found Empty Found

Post by StockEliminator Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Vinyl top trim was found, big thank you to Mcarlo77!

This thread can be deleted...

Last edited by StockEliminator on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
StockEliminator
StockEliminator
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Found Empty Re: Found

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:07 pm

I've got the lower vinyl trim moldings that would run along the tops of the qtr panels and across the width of the trunk area (below the back window) for a full vinyl top. But, you mention the small qtr windows...are you also looking for those moldings? What about the moldings that surround the back window?

I've shipped all over the world...so, shipping to Finland is not a problem. Bigger issue would be fabricating a sturdy enough box so they don't get bent in transit.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by StockEliminator Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:37 am

You sir have a PM. Very Happy
StockEliminator
StockEliminator
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:I've shipped all over the world...so, shipping to Finland is not a problem.  Bigger issue would be fabricating a sturdy enough box so they don't get bent in transit.

Steve Use the Pipe wrap Its flexable enough  to make it secure BUT strong enough to survive shipping its how my Wheel well trim was Ship with not one scratch The balck Pipe Insulation in Pics is what I mean ....And then put in a good Box like from Uhaul

Found Img35

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Foam pipe wrap is a great shipping aid. I use it around the perimeter of glass when I pack it for shipment. Problem as I see it on long moldings...the foam is too flexible to do much of anything to protect it if the box isn't strong enough to resist getting bent/folded. On relatively straight pcs of molding, I've used pvc pipe...and, even asked for any left over heavy duty, long carpet rolls from Home Depot's carpet dept. Ain't nobody going to bend those in half during shipment. If the arc of molding is too great for these (like the corners on these vinyl top trims), I've found that fabricating a three-sided (triangular shaped) box offers much more rigidity than a conventional rectangular box because of the added force required to bend a formed corner rather than a flat surface. That, and doubling the wall thickness of the cardboard box haven't failed me, yet.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down