G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front lower control arms

4 posters

Go down

Front lower control arms Empty Front lower control arms

Post by Iguy Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am

Looking for stock type front lower control arms, I don't really want to spend $700 for Global West or Detroit Speed. Rockauto doesn't show anything for 73-77 A body cars of course so I'm trying to find what is going to work.
It looks like 70-81 Camaro is a direct swap but I didn't see anything listed for those either. But if you look at aftermarket tubular lower control arms, they have different part numbers anyway, Global West is CTA-37LP for a 75 malibu or CTA-71LP for 70-81 Camaro and Detroit Speed is 031207 vs 031204. So are they really a direct swap?
I thought 77-96 caprice was the same but read somewhere they are an inch longer?? MOOG RK620168 and RK620169 look exactly the same but fitment chart says they won't work for the Malibu.

Does anyone have a part number or recommendation for stock lower control arms? Thanks!
Iguy
Iguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Front lower control arms Empty Re: Front lower control arms

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:43 am

I have a good used set that I recently removed from a 1977 El Camino that lived in Texas their whole life. So there's just surface rust on them. Let me know if you're interested.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 pm

I used my stock lower arms. I just re-built my suspension with new bushings. I decided to go with offset global west cross-arm shafts for the uppers as well.
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Podor Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:30 am

The geometry is much better on our cars than the previous A bodies. You can have a strong handling car with the right bushings, offset cross bar to get the right caster, and good sway bars.
Podor
Podor
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down