G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on

+16
76Chevelle2Tone
zucchi
bucket
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Limey SE
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
ant7377
73ss
Joe73
bigredlaguna
thatfnthing
Mcarlo77
77camino
fasrnur
Zaptiah
S3SS
20 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 Empty Re: Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:17 pm

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:I missed the part where you put a sport wheel into what I assume is your daughter's SE? Where did you get it or is it photoshopped haha?

Both ours have sport wheels I searched high low for a long time for a red one for hers and Black one was a tad bit easier ..... Mine is from a 76 Camaro hers was from a Laguna

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 Empty Re: Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:25 pm

Limey SE wrote:
76Chevelle2Tone wrote:I missed the part where you put a sport wheel into what I assume is your daughter's SE? Where did you get it or is it photoshopped haha?

Both ours have sport wheels I searched high low for a long time for a red one for hers and  Black one was a tad bit easier ..... Mine is from a 76 Camaro hers was from a Laguna

I can imagine. I have not seen them except in repro. Good on you, you found two but it must have been a struggle.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:08 pm

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:
Limey SE wrote:

Both ours have sport wheels I searched high low for a long time for a red one for hers and  Black one was a tad bit easier ..... Mine is from a 76 Camaro hers was from a Laguna

I can imagine. I have not seen them except in repro. Good on you, you found two but it must have been a struggle.

Red one was about a 6 month search and aggravating Black one was Easy off NastyZ28.com bout 3 to 5 week search for that one so not really bad

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Sun May 28, 2023 1:31 pm

Limey,

I apologize if you stated this before but I looked and could not find specifics on the pictured sway bar in the thread. You said that the rear sway bar pictured in the thread came from an Impala SS. Did you take it directly from one or a 3rd party seller who stated/implied that? Did you ever measure the diameter? Thanks
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon May 29, 2023 9:27 pm

I measured it today it is a 1" and person I got it from Pulled it from a 94 Impala SSI trust his word as he is local to me or was LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Mon May 29, 2023 11:19 pm

Thanks Limey. i didn't want you to measure for me but was hoping you had measured before its installation. This gets curiouser and curiouser because there seem to be 3 different sized Chevy rear sway bars from the 90s as I noted in the other thread.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue May 30, 2023 12:10 am

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:Thanks Limey. i didn't want you to measure for me but was hoping you had measured before its installation. This gets curiouser and curiouser because there seem to be 3 different sized Chevy rear sway bars from the 90s as I noted in the other thread.

Wasn't that my friend I wanted to be sure for my Own well being esp after you found three different sizes is all I appreciate that

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue May 30, 2023 2:21 am

Limey,
I'm afraid to do any more research for fear of finding a 4th and 5th rear sway bar. There's an old expression: If you lift a flat rock expect to see bugs.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:54 pm

WELL Finally the SE got some LUVIN today YAYYYYY..... Any who Sanded down the frame that I could reach By machine and Hand and used the Rust converter then Applied some Under coating on the parts I know are not coming apart anytime soon

The rear Finally is sitting the way I want and love (I WILL BE DROPPING the front if it doesn't go down more) I have to put trans exhaust headers and rest of accessories so want to wait to see if it drops it more when that goes in and if not I have 1" drop springs in shed already (not for sale)......

The one Turbine had to snag from Daughter till the new to me tire gets here from kids flattening mine Got pissed when they took derby cap off and was Locking lugs on it so they put a screwdriver thru it its Only a 225/60 thats why it looks so Small it will be having a 295/50 in its place Monday....    

ALSO MONDAY NEW TO ME Valve Covers will be here, Next ptoject is attaching hood and attacking wiring for the 454

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35366010
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35365810
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35244010
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35245110
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35365811
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35277510
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35357710
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35256010
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35257710

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:43 pm

Looking good Limey!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:56 pm

CRY FOR HELP NEEDED ASAP engine side wire Harness this one Looks like Stevie Wonder tried to cut and splice wires together

UPDATE:Well FINALLY SINCE 1984 when it was parked, The SE finally has hood hinges on it again WOO HOO I no longer have to prob the hood up.
Also Put the New to me Valve covers on, soon to be matching air cleaner with a little twist added to it.
PUTTING A WANTED PART out there also need an Engine side harness previous owner butchered this when they removed motor, SO much for wiring the 454 dagnabit

Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35425810Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35438210
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35425510
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35305710
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35427210
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35422110Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35427211
Rusty's progress motor Parts arrived LOL Half are on  - Page 8 35424910

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:08 pm

Dead in the water till Get Harness looks like they just hooked to tractor and when they yanked it in 1984 left everything hooked up and pulled it right with motor and pulling it out of Firewall plug

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:32 pm

I'm a bit confused. You say you need help Limey but don't say specifically what is needed other than the engine wiring harness was ripped up. Can it be repaired? For M&H they have a 73 Big Block harness with HEI and they also have a 77 V8 harness. The question I have is what do you use when you have an engine that was never issued for that car?
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:00 am

The 454 is same wiring for the most part Its HEI just like the SBC was the Problem is it WAS RIPPED OUTTA THE FIREWALL PLUG and tossed back into interior Of car.

Didnt notice it Until today when I plugged it in and was Missing alot of wires well cause quite literally they fell out I dont know which one goes where and I am not fixing a 45 year Harness like this.

I would rather use One that someone trustworthy took off carefully and Plug and go With us Pinching pennys for the down payment I have to be careful of what and How much I spend or I will sleeping in it very soon.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:48 am

OK thanks now I understand better what you are looking for. I hope you have good luck on this. The wiring harnesses are a concern to me too simply because of how expensive the repros are and how many different ones are required. I have A/C so that's another harness.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:53 am

Limey, I bought a new engine bay harness from M & H Electric for my 75 Laguna and it was $150 pre-pandemic. You can now get them through OPGI but a little more expensive.

https://www.opgi.com/ignition-electrical/electrical-wiring/1964-77-engine-harness/wiring-harness-engine-76-77-checmc-v8-all-36007.html
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:11 am

New harness on a vehicle of that age is not a bad idea - FIRE not always Good! Don't ask how I know, lets just say I passing on my experience because I learned the hard way!

Actually, it was a 1965 Impala SS - sold the remains for $700.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:59 am

I think Limey is tight at the moment with a house move IIRC so new harnesses are not going to be in reach for awhile. I mentioned them as well.

Limey you might check with this ebay seller if you are not familiar already. He has a variety of G3 parts from parted cars and is selling some harnesses from a 75 sedan at the moment; not the engine harness unfortunately.

https://www.ebay.com/str/406vintagefarms
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:21 am

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:I think Limey is tight at the moment with a house move IIRC so new harnesses are not going to be in reach for awhile. I mentioned them as well.

Limey you might check with this ebay seller if you are not familiar already. He has a variety of  G3 parts from parted cars and is selling some harnesses from a 75 sedan at the moment; not the engine harness unfortunately.

https://www.ebay.com/str/406vintagefarms

Very Much so Guys Pennies are being treated as gold right now Not alot being spent that doesn't have a cause or need and right now this is Not cause not running driving if was close and this was last item needed yea then would spend it but its a ways and now dead in water for motor until then.

I appreciate all the Links for the New ones as well I already was looking at them But House with Garage is priority more right now

1976Chevelle2tone sent him message will see, his stuff looks kinda affordable

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:28 pm

UPDATE: Daughter felt bad for me when she seen it this Morning we are hopefully Back on track she is Donating all the wiring I need to get it going WOOO HOOOOOO I OWE HER BIGTIME ....... I never asked her she just offered gosh were raising some good kids here LOL If it has all I need I hopefully can gt it going soon

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Iggy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:35 pm

That's nice of her but what about her car? Is this just a second car for her and she has another newer one?
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:36 pm

@19762tone Sidenote I heard back from seller on Ebay also he has a 76 Monte he is currently stripping and was just getting to Engine when I messaged him he says

THANK YOU FOR HIS INFO

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:39 pm

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:That's nice of her but what about her car? Is this just a second car for her and she has another newer one?

The Chevelle Was a Graduation Present to her for keeping grades at 3.75 GPA for all 4 years She has her Grammies car that was willed to Her Mom and she cant drive it due to well stuff she cant drive it to many memories so we talked and decided to gift it to Oldest daughter I have to replace any and all wiring I remove she wants it running By next summer

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:44 pm

Limey SE wrote:

The Chevelle Was a Graduation Present to her for keeping grades at 3.75 GPA for all 4 years

That is a very high GPA to maintain over 4 years so good on her.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:45 pm

UPDATE: I have been overwhelmed with the great kindness of people between Here and my FB friends I have a harness coming its from a 1976 Monte Carlo I am assuming it will be the same a mine.

TO ALL WHO HAVE REACHED OUT Thank you it means the world to me that y'all wanna see this dam thing started just as bad as Me it means so Much....... Thank you with all my heart Guys Gals

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next