G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need driver side bucket seat 73 Laguna

+2
Mcarlo77
lagunaman
6 posters

Go down

Need driver side bucket seat 73 Laguna Empty Need driver side bucket seat 73 Laguna

Post by lagunaman Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:33 am

I realize this is a long shot but what the hey I will try . Years ago the arm on my swivel bucket broke . So I tried to weld it . It was really hard metal and didn't turn out well . Now I am trying to restore the car and it will not lock the seat .When driving it tries to turn . So just maybe someone has one for sale ? Or does anybody know how to replace the arm that locks the seat ? Thanks again

Last edited by lagunaman on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Need driver side bucket seat 73 Laguna Empty Re: Need driver side bucket seat 73 Laguna

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:45 am

That arm is riveted to the swivel base plate, so it would be more feasible to try and locate the plate assembly itself.   For the time being, I'd just release the spring that connects to it on the underside and lock the seat into the correct position for driving.

BTW...anyone notice how ridiculously high swivel buckets are going for these days?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Need driver side bucket seat 73 Laguna Empty Re: Need driver side bucket seat 73 Laguna

Post by Joe73 Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:02 am

Interesting. I had a buddy years ago that broke the "pin" on the swivel base that locked it in the forward position. Now the seat turned while he was driving. No fun.

Id take that base off and figure out how to fix it. There has to be something that could be welded.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:17 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:BTW...anyone notice how ridiculously high swivel buckets are going for these days?  

YES ITS NUTS last set I sold was $250 NOW there wanting upwards of $650 to $800 and needing recovered

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:32 pm

Mine did the same thing. I had a fabricator buddy of mine repair the lever. I used  a small shouldered bolt to take the place of the rivet that was removed. This way the lever will still pivot. Works great now. It's a fairly easy fix.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by slickshift Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:57 am

i have a pair of 73 swivel buckets for 200 buck or make offer-but i cant ship -im in northern va

slickshift
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunaman Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:56 pm

ttt

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down