G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can my seat be fixed ?

4 posters

Go down

Can my seat be fixed ? Empty Can my seat be fixed ?

Post by lagunaman Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:05 pm

In my 73 Laguna the driver side bucket seat lever broke . This is the lever that will allow the seat to turn and lock it so it won't . This happened years ago and I tried to weld it . Well didn't go so well . Must have some metals that aren't weldable . any way it didn't turn out to well . So I am looking for parts or the whole seat assembly So any ideas on how to fix it ? Has anybody have this happen ? Looking for advice or assemblies . Thanks

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Can my seat be fixed ? Empty Re: Can my seat be fixed ?

Post by Limey SE Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:22 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-1977-Chevelle-Laguna-S3-El-Camino-Monte-Carlo-Swivel-Bucket-Brackets/293716459521?hash=item4462dd8001:g:1uMAAOSw0S1fTqLb

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:51 pm

Wow...not long ago you could buy a complete pair (seats and all) for $250-$300. Wish I could help...but, don't know of any sitting in the JY's right now.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:41 pm

You can repair most of these breaks depending on where they are. If you just weld it, most likely it won't hold too long as the weld itself is very hard and brittle. The successes I've had with this repair always involved a reinforcement of 1/8" flat bar. I would cut the flat bar a couple inches longer than the area of the failure and drill hole through the flat bar on each side. This way you can do a plug weld and a lap weld on the flat bar as well as welding the break itself. This should last the life of the vehicle. Below is the area that I've had the most breaks. I do recall having one failure at the front of the locking bar where its secured to the base with 2 rivets. Hate to see you have to replace your base at the going rate these days. Post a pic if you can of the break and maybe we can give you some other ideas for repair as well.

Can my seat be fixed ? Swivel10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunaman Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:46 pm

I appreciate and thank you for the Ebay link . I wish I could afford them . I like the rebar idea . I will look into that !!!Thanks

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down