G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question

2 posters

Go down

S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question Empty S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question

Post by 1975 S3 Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:26 pm

Ok folks here's a question, on the noses of the 75/76 the body colour was molded in as an accent line around the strip.
Was the colour coded strip also molded into the rear bumper rub strip for the S3?
I have a replacement high grade bumper with rub strip on my car but its not from a S3 and thus no body matched accent line.
Thinking about adding a colour matched pinstripe down the middle of the rub strip but unsure of this being a factory item.
I think this would look good but I dont want to mess with the factory appearance of the car.
Did the S3 rear bumper have a colour matched strip as the front did?

Dave
1975 S3
1975 S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question Empty Re: S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:24 am

The rear rub/impact strip for 1975 was molded in the same color as the stripes with the exception of the inner groove which was molded in the body color.  For 1976 the rear impact strip was one solid color painted in the same color as the stripes. There might have been some actually molded in the correct color for 76 but all the ones I've own were painted. All the 75's I've owned were molded in the correct colors with the exception of one which may have been replaced from a wreck but not for sure. My current 75 is definitely molded in the correct colors and the current 76 I have was painted in the correct color. Hope this helps.

S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question 75_rea10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question Empty Re: S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Here's a better pic of the impact strip.
S3 rear bumper rub strip accent line colour strip question Rear_b10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down