G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID Darn Near Killed Me!

4 posters

Go down

COVID Darn Near Killed Me! Empty COVID Darn Near Killed Me!

Post by Iggy Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:00 pm

a week ago Friday I almost became a COVID statistic - I went to our local ER because I could not breathe and was dizzy. The first thing they did was left me outside so I would not infect others, checked me in over my cell phone and gave me a COVID test. Some five hours later I had to ask for the results of my test - Negative, but I was still left outside so I would not infect others. An hour later they wheeled me to the lab to draw blood, then tried to push be back outside but I refused, I was having trouble breathing and the night air hurt my lungs, so they pushed me in a corner far away from the staff, if I asked for anything I was told to be quiet because there were others in worse shape than me and if I continued to complain I would go to the back of the line. After sitting is a wheelchair for 16 hours - I saw the staff that checked me in come back for their next shift, they thought I went home and came back - I finally got to see a Doctor. The Doctor went ballistic, I did not have COVID and the bloodwork done 10 hours earlier showed that I had suffered an heart attack! It was caused by a clot in my left calf the broke off and hit my lungs, what is called a Pulmonary Embolism.

I was released home on Monday and have been resting there since, recovering slow but steady. Feel lucky that I do not need stints or by-pass, just need to be very careful until my body can absorb the clot - several months. Certainly do not want to diminish what COVID can do, I know that can be devastating - just pointing out our ER is so focused on COVID that sometimes they overlook the obvious. Glad to be healthy!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

fasrnur and jaybee like this post

Back to top Go down

COVID Darn Near Killed Me! Empty Re: COVID Darn Near Killed Me!

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:55 pm

That is a crazy story! Glad you are on the mend! I've had my share of ER visits in recent past and none of them were anything close to being handled professionally. What the hell is happening with the health care system??? And yes, covid is the real deal. My bookkeeper was down with it for almost 3 weeks as well as my son-in-law recently. Both said it felt like someone was standing on their chest. But both avoided the ER thanks to doctors giving them therapeutics and sending them home instead of telling them to go to the ER. Both recovered in a couple days after treatment. But I know Limey got it bad and had to be on oxygen for quite sometime. Maybe he will chime in and tell of his experience.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

jaybee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:39 pm

Wow IGGY I for one am Glad your still here Thats crzy they next shift came in and you were still there, G3Chevy was right I had Covid Badly in February of this year and was Oxygen till end of August Last week of Was my Last tank of Oxygen I still am on a daily some twice daily regimine of Vitamins they call a covid cocktail to keep it at bay

and I will dammed if I just didnt as of last Sunday evening get released from Hospital after a week long Bout yet again of Celluitis this time they are going after aggressively as all get out 6 months of One antibiotic then 6 more of of two others then retesting after that year to see if infection is clearing or they need a more aggressive approach

My Daily Covid Regime some are twice daily (Pantropozole is Liver desease treatment x2 times daily)

COVID Darn Near Killed Me! 242270835_161305186175530_6530698116278221993_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=O3gyQIPjoBcAX-MdFmM&tn=PWi5eE0_nie_45At&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

I have two Bottles Just like this 3 pills 4 times daily

COVID Darn Near Killed Me! 242915051_407420274064476_4788216951085451558_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=PtE4gi_fHg0AX8_WRVG&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

COVID Darn Near Killed Me! 243160438_354716186350370_1884515835701657509_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=4K6A-aEaGuYAX-Z-f7r&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:09 pm

Dang Limey! That's quite an arsenal of vitamins!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:29 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Dang Limey! That's quite an arsenal of vitamins!

I look at it this way its keeping my A** sunny side up for the time being and I am ok with that

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:24 am

The only thing I have to take is Eliquis, and that might be for three months, basically when the clot has been absorbed I go back to normal. I know I am extremely lucky and this was a freak thing, I could not believe how poorly our ER treated suspected COVID patients to the point they were overlooking obvious other health issues. The 16 hours I was in the ER only one person tested positive for COVID and there where at least 80 people go through while I was waiting, that one person was a couple month old infant.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:04 am

Glad you got a good prognosis Iggy. Like you said, it could have been a lot worse. Hope you heal quickly. I'm still in disbelief as to how they treat patients in the ER these days. Crazy times we live in.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:43 pm

yes sir You had an Angel waiting in there with you that's for sure IGGY

One thing I have learnt if I sit More than 3 hours waiting to be seen I call an Ambulance to the Current Hospital and to go to another one, you would be surprised when the ER doctor sees and Ambulance crew Pull up and start to take you how fast you get seen and Very well I might add

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Good Lord IGGY !!!

YEAH.....you could have contracted COVIDS waiting on them to make a final diagnosis out in the general population waiting area !!

Geez....
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down