G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member here with old 74 Laguna S3

+3
Iggy
Limey SE
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
7 posters

Go down

New member here with old 74 Laguna S3 Empty New member here with old 74 Laguna S3

Post by DutchmanZ Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:02 pm

I’ve had my 74 Laguna since around 1988.  My grandma bought the car new. I took it off the road probably 20 years ago because of some rust issues. Not long ago I decided to drag it back out again. It’s honestly too far gone and I have another recently acquired 74 that will probably become the new car with some of my old parts. I started out by finding the 73-77 Laguna site on Facebook.

Limey suggested I check out this forum when I asked for a good website. I know I’m already missing some parts so hopefully I can find what I need here. Nostalgia and a sentimental mind set will probably cost me too much in the long run but what the heck, right?!

DutchmanZ
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

New member here with old 74 Laguna S3 Empty Re: New member here with old 74 Laguna S3

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:43 pm

Welcome DutchmanZ! This site is a huge repository of knowledge for our cars. I've learned more here on this forum than any other place I have visited on the webbernet. Hope you find the same. Look forward to seeing pics of your project.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

New member here with old 74 Laguna S3 Empty Re: New member here with old 74 Laguna S3

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:29 pm

Welcome aboard Sir Glad you found us there is Lots and lots of Knowledge here Just ask around it you will find an answer or most cases it will find you thru other members chiming in !

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:44 am

Welcome!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:02 pm

Welcome Dutchman, good luck with the 74's.
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bucket Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:21 pm

Howdy from Ohio! Just how bad is the original car?

bucket
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchmanZ Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:36 pm

bucket wrote:Howdy from Ohio! Just how bad is the original car?

I repaired the rust around the windshield and back windows many years ago. It came back and brought friends. The firewall is bad, the package tray is falling into the trunk and I can see the ground from the trunk and it still has the gas tank in it. The tank even rusted out. I think even my swivel buckets have rusted out. It’s crazy for a car that spent the first 15 years of its life in a garage. My grandma bought the car new. I can’t post pics yet and I’m almost ashamed to since I should have done something sooner. The firewall was the main issue 20 years ago.

DutchmanZ
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:26 am

Welcome DutchmanZ.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down