G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throttle Bracket 2bbl to 4bbl conversion

5 posters

Go down

Throttle Bracket 2bbl to 4bbl conversion Empty Throttle Bracket 2bbl to 4bbl conversion

Post by 76 Malibu Sun May 14, 2023 4:30 pm

Does anyone know of an aftermarket throttle bracket that will work with a Q-jet and a TH350 kick down cable?  My stock 2bbl throttle bracket will not work, it sets the throttle cable too far back causing the throttle on the carb to be partially opened.  

I am looking on Summit and it's not clear what will work with a Q-jet.  I'd prefer not to use a universal setup, but maybe this is my best bet?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/spe-24283

Any help would be appreciated, as I would like to get it ordered sooner than later to get my car back on the road.  Thank you!
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Throttle Bracket 2bbl to 4bbl conversion Empty Re: Throttle Bracket 2bbl to 4bbl conversion

Post by zucchi Mon May 15, 2023 9:07 am

That's interesting. I mean the transmission kick-down cable being connected to the carb. On my Monte Carlo, the cable is attached to the accelerator pedal adjacent to the throttle cable attachment.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Throttle Bracket 2bbl to 4bbl conversion Empty Re: Throttle Bracket 2bbl to 4bbl conversion

Post by 73ss Mon May 15, 2023 4:35 pm

The cable was moved to the carb in 75 or 76. My 73 was attached at the pedal also.

As for a bracket, Try to find a stock factory one. Save yourself a headache. E-bay or maybe someone here has one to sell.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon May 15, 2023 5:38 pm

Do you have cruise? That will require a squared hole in the bracket to accommodate the cable. I may have one of each. Will need to dig thru my boxes.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Mon May 15, 2023 6:54 pm

Yes the 76 Chevelles have a carb bracket for the kickdown cable.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Mon May 15, 2023 7:24 pm

Thanks for the advice. I ended up ordering a universal one for now just to get me going. Ideally I'd like to find a factory bracket though. I don't have cruise, so I only need holes for the throttle and one for the kickdown.

My '76 had the bracket mounted to the rear intake bolt and a 5/16 bolt hole near the rear intake runners. Both the throttle and kickdown use the square holes, but the kickdown is larger. The 2bbl bracket bolted fine to my 4bbl intake, but it sets the cables too far back. I was just working on a '77 Suburban and it had the throttle bracket mounted to the rear of the Q-jet. That would work fine for me - if I can find one. In the mean time, hope to have the car up and running soon.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down