G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected star of the day

4 posters

Go down

Unexpected star of the day Empty Unexpected star of the day

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:58 pm

Okay so I finished up T day grocery shopping and went to leave the parking lot entrance when there was a bit of a traffic jam. Several cars exited before me and then a van turned in the lot. The woman driver looked at my car and suddenly pulled out her iphone and snapped several pictures of Belle (my Chevelle) and me before moving on.

So let's hear your stories where you and your car were surprised to be the star of the day!
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Unexpected star of the day Empty Re: Unexpected star of the day

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:29 pm

I think my favorite encounter was when I stopped at a convenience store to pick up a couple things. As I made my way to the entrance, a guy on his way out stopped me and started gushing about how nice the car looked. He then proceeded to tell me he used to have one just like mine (red exterior/white interior) back in the day and had photos of he and his bride alongside their Monte on their wedding day. Said it brought back such fond memories and just made his day!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:15 pm

I was just thinking the other day about this story.

I've only had about two autograph requests in my entire life.  I was at the track one time and I wheeled around to almost step on a little guy standing there.

We stared at each other for a long second, unflinching.  Finally, he says, nodding towards the Chevelle:  "zat yur car?".

"Yep" I said.

"Sign my program?"  he said.

"Yep" I said.

I don't remember what I wrote but I signed my name and handed it back to him.

Emotionless, he sized me up for a minute and then turned around and took off.  No "thank you" or "have a nice day" or "kiss my foot" or nuthin.

Very strange.

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:34 pm

Well there a number of possibilities with that guy. Was your car listed in the program? (I assume this was some type of official event) If so did he have the program opened at that page? Secondly was he asking for other signatures? More generally there are many people with poor verbal and social skills but you are less likely to meet them for that reason unless you have a special circumstance.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:33 pm

He was probably 7 or 8, so not that weird I guess. Just funny because he was so terse.

I’d say what’s more “unexpected” for me is to find myself in a magazine somewhere.  Usually a friend or neighbor has to point these out to me:

Unexpected star of the day Img110

Unexpected star of the day PHR

Unexpected star of the day ChevyHighPerf_zpsb668af2a

Unexpected star of the day ChevyHighPerf3_zpsb42c51fb

Unexpected star of the day Attachment

It’s still kind of surreal seeing yourself outside of yourself.

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

fasrnur and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:37 pm

I get lots of nostalgia based comments like what Mcarlo77 related every time I go to a local Saturday morning Gas & Glaze cruise.

I don't know if this counts but just a few months ago, some guy in a late model Suburban wanted to race me stop-light-to-stop-light; "for real, dude??". After I blew his doors off, he gave me a big smile with two thumbs up. I guess I made his day.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:31 pm

Keith Seymore wrote:He was probably 7 or 8, so not that weird I guess.  Just funny because he was so terse.
K

Ah, I failed to pick up on "little guy" meaning kid rather than short. Yeah that's fairly typical kid  behavior.

But I would think by now you would be used to your celebrity status. Smile
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down