G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping this is still around when i get my w2 money...

5 posters

Go down

Hoping this is still around when i get my w2 money... Empty Hoping this is still around when i get my w2 money...

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 am

i think it will though...this guy has had the thing listed for almost a year now and no one has bought it...one bonus of our cars not being "mainstream"...think ill pick it up so i can have something to drive while i rebuild the engine on the elky...worst come to worst the thing has a lot of good parts on it.

the motor, trans, and swivel buckets alone would probably cost me 900 alone to buy...plus correct me if im wrong monte guys...but ALL 70-77 montes came with the 12 bolt rear right?

only problem is the car is poop brown...first changes made would be new rims/tires and getting rid of the vinyl roof and putting it in primer.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1555045181.html

any ideas? im thinking metallic purple or metallic burnt orange pearl with some torque thrust (or similar wheels...black interior...and throw in a 383 or maybe even a big block.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Hoping this is still around when i get my w2 money... Empty Re: Hoping this is still around when i get my w2 money...

Post by Limey SE Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:28 am

whats the car behind the pass front fender ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Hoping this is still around when i get my w2 money... Empty Re: Hoping this is still around when i get my w2 money...

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:52 am

honestly no clue man...if/when i take a look at the car ill let you know.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:53 am

mettalic purple with a 454
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:07 am

coreys73chevelle wrote:mettalic purple with a 454
no it actually looks like a an older mopar sitting waiting in the sun for a resto

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:48 am

NO GM midsize car made after the 1972 model year had a 12 bolt. every 73-77 A body had some version of the 8.5 in it- either the "corporate" 8.5 with c clips that was used in Chevies or the "BOP" 8.5 with pressed on axle bearings that got used in everything else and a few Chevies.

as for the Monte in the ad- if it was closer to me, i'd buy that out from under you so fast you wouldn't even know what happened..

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:41 am

haha well thankfully its not then man...and thanks for the heads up...thats kind of disapointing i was hoping for an easy 12 bolt swap into the elky...i was looking for a g body (monte,regal,cutlass) to get for cheap as a commuter car while i do some work i got coming up on the elco so i dont have to worry about not getting my car together ASAP so i can get around....thing has potential...those front ends on the 73-77 montes arent my favorite but i love the rest of the car so much as far as the lines and stuff so much i let it slide...besides a running car for 900 bucks is hard to beat.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Limey wrote:
coreys73chevelle wrote:mettalic purple with a 454
no it actually looks like a an older mopar sitting waiting in the sun for a resto

i was saying that too him as what id do to it...see his last sentence
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 pm

o i get it LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 pm

i tried to buy this car about 2 months ago.the guy gave me the run-around and i let it go. would be nice to put the extra 454 i have in it. Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:33 am

1973 454 MONTE wrote:i tried to buy this car about 2 months ago.the guy gave me the run-around and i let it go. would be nice to put the extra 454 i have in it. Very Happy

haha then i dont think im gonna even bother...i think im actually going to get a 1965 mercury comet...im thinking 460 big block or 347 stroker, c6 trans, Furd 9 inch, black paint...and chromed out the rest of the way with white/black interior...i LOVE any of the classics with stacked head lights.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down