G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73-77 Chevelle VIN & Body Tag codes

+10
Joe73
jurgenday
The Dude
texan01
alowerlevel
Limey SE
JB2wheeler
74MonteCarlo
Roadcaptain S3
BlackChevelleSS
14 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

73-77 Chevelle VIN & Body Tag codes - Page 2 Empty Re: 73-77 Chevelle VIN & Body Tag codes

Post by Biomedtech Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 am

May be a dumb question but has anyone talked to the folks at the GM Heritage Center to see what they have?

Here's a direct link to the 77 Chevelle Vehicle Information Kit available from them...

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Chevelle/1977-Chevrolet-Chevelle.pdf

And for everyone else here the link to the page for all they GM Vehicle Information Kits...

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

73-77 Chevelle VIN & Body Tag codes - Page 2 Empty Re: 73-77 Chevelle VIN & Body Tag codes

Post by Landonus Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:51 am

Thanks Biomedtech! I'm totally going to print that off and make a booklet out of it. Great info!
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Landonus Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:54 am

That also clears up my confusion I had about the Firethorn interior color. Didn't know if it was Firethorn or Oxblood. Reckon' that makes Oxblood a Nova terminology.

Last edited by Landonus on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:12 am

Oxblood was the darker shade of red used on our '73-'75 "A" bodies. Firethorn is the brighter shade used on '76/'77. To confuse matters, there was also a Maroon on at least '76/'77 (and maybe other years) that looks very similar to Oxblood. www.tcpglobal.com is a good source for identifying paint colors. Look in their Library section.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Landonus Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Wow, hate to try and delve into the other colors...
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by switchbiker Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 am

Trying to decipher the interior trim code for my 73 laguna. On the cowl tag the TR number is 726. I haven't found a listing for this, anyone know the answer? I'm guessing it's green since the original paint is #44 light green.

Also, my body tag is pretty beat up, is there any company you guys know of that can restore or reproduce it legally?
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:16 am

Yep...Dark Green as per TCP Global's website (Auto Color Library).
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2