G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what kind of car would you have bought if you were 12 again?

+4
The Dude
alowerlevel
JB2wheeler
ant7377
8 posters

Go down

what kind of car would you have bought if you were 12 again? Empty what kind of car would you have bought if you were 12 again?

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:44 pm

this kid bought a 1955 lincoln capri............ Thumbs up see story

http://www.carsinbarns.com/new49.html
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

what kind of car would you have bought if you were 12 again? Empty Re: what kind of car would you have bought if you were 12 again?

Post by ant7377 Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Good for that kid and that looks like a good solid car too.
Im glad he got it and he will probably work his A$$ off to get it together.
See we hear the hobby is dying-not true and thats proof.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

what kind of car would you have bought if you were 12 again? Empty Re: what kind of car would you have bought if you were 12 again?

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:12 pm

That is one grand car, well worth rerstoring, but this kid has no idea what he has gotten himself into. That is going to take a ton of money and work. I wish him the best. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Hell I got my '67 when I was 13 Cool
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm

It said this happened a few years ago & he still has it with several pics that they have taken. I imagine by now the kid is picking up plenty of wool with a unique ride like that.

If I were 12, I would have quit looking for a pickup truck & started immediately looking for a Chevelle (or looked harder for a 55 Chevy, lol). I passed on a NICE 73 Elky for $600 that had good original paint & ran great. Head Bang I also passed on a few other cars I should have got. I ended up with a 68 short wide when I was almost 14. I traded it for my 70 Chevelle the summer between my freshman & sophomore year of HS.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:41 pm

I would of consentrated on the 67 corvette coupe my father had in storage. he always told me that it would be mine when i turned 16. that never happened and he sold it. never to be seen again
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:38 pm

1977, I was 11 and Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed were getting chased by Sheriff Buford T. Justice from Atlanta to Texarkana. geek and back.

"Gimme a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it fast cause I'm in a god---n Hurry!"

me and every other kid in Louisville would have killed someone for a 1977 black Pontiac Trans Am.

or the Millineum Falcon...HA.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:1977, I was 11 and Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed were getting chased by Sheriff Buford T. Justice from Atlanta to Texarkana. geek and back.

"Gimme a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it fast cause I'm in a god---n Hurry!"

me and every other kid in Louisville would have killed someone for a 1977 black Pontiac Trans Am.

or the Millineum Falcon...HA.
with a stream of toilet paper from his glasses to the toilet.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Im gonna get you "you som-b!+ch"
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:06 pm

Around that age, I had a chance to get a running 66 Impala convertible for about $100 or what ever the impound charges were. the first owners (family friend) had sold it about a year prior to some other guy, he never switched the title and the car got impounded for what ever reason. 1st owners didn't want it, so they pretty much gave me the car. . . still kick myself to this day, but those were some real tough times for my family.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973chevelle Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:36 am

if i was 12 again i would buy a 73 chevelle, i got mine when i was 11 yrs old!
1973chevelle
1973chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down