G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need wiring schematics for trunk 77 malibu

3 posters

Go down

need wiring schematics for trunk 77 malibu Empty need wiring schematics for trunk 77 malibu

Post by 77malibu77 Wed May 12, 2010 11:13 pm

hey all i need the wireing schematics for the trunk
right by the plug there is a little black box looks like a speaker box with 3 wires comeing out of it (what is this???)

haha anyways i need all of that and where it goes to the brake lights and reverse lights thx

also where could i get more yellow coated wire from? ace??
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

need wiring schematics for trunk 77 malibu Empty Re: need wiring schematics for trunk 77 malibu

Post by Limey SE Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 pm

there is about 12 different plugs in the trunk area can you be more specific ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

need wiring schematics for trunk 77 malibu Empty Re: need wiring schematics for trunk 77 malibu

Post by 77malibu77 Thu May 13, 2010 12:58 am

wish i knew what it was called but on the drivers side there is a long black wire that goes behind the seat its the one for all the brake lights and stuff
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu May 13, 2010 1:39 pm

ANYONE
?
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu May 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Take a picture. Not sure about a black box, but I can look at mine to see what you are talking about.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 13, 2010 2:51 pm

the only plug looking thing in that area is where the tail light harness plugs into the car harness coming back from the front and it is directly behind the back seat

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu May 13, 2010 5:41 pm

yes limey that is what i am talking about!!

and the little black box is like an inch and a half cu. in.
and has holes on one side looks like a real small speaker
it has 2 green wires and 1 yellow wire comeing from it do you know what i am talking about? i honestly dont know what it could be but theres green wires so i would say its something to do with the reverse lights????

i can take a picture but i cant put it on the computer cuz its an old motorolla razr phone and i cant text pictures to my email so..... =/
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 13, 2010 7:16 pm

text them to ant69hill@yahoo.com

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu May 13, 2010 7:20 pm

i cant text pictures
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu May 13, 2010 7:22 pm

can someone just look at theirs? limey its that plug you were talking about thats for the tail lights and reverse lights and stuff
pull that plug out from the trunk and look at it and see if you have a black box connected to the wires
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 13, 2010 7:28 pm

I am telling you that the lil black BOX you are refering to is the connection between the front wiring harness for all wires coming to the trunk that includes radio wires for speaker's ANYTHING THAT HAS TO HAVE CURRENT RUN THROUGH IT TO WORK.

That is what this is for tail lights, reverse lights, speaker wires, reverse lights, gas gauge relay ......................EVERYTHING

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 pm

well i need a diagram to hook it up i need to find out where the yellow wire goes
does it just connect to all of the green or yellow wires
and also there is a dark green wire (not the light green) that idk where it goes to
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down