G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring - Summer - Fall activities?

+2
JB2wheeler
Malicruiser
6 posters

Go down

Spring - Summer - Fall activities? Empty Spring - Summer - Fall activities?

Post by knightfan26917 Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Now that warmer weather is (mostly) here ... what seasonal activities are back on your schedule/priority lists?

Mine:

walking during my 2 15-minute breaks at work (when weather is nice)

cars (driving and cleaning, when/IF I get the MCs out for the year)

road trips

softball (Elgin City League ... brother-in-law's team Tuesday nights; Dad's team Friday nights)

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Your heart is in serious danger" ... Tanya Tucker & T Graham Brown ... 'Don't Go Out'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Spring - Summer - Fall activities? Empty Re: Spring - Summer - Fall activities?

Post by HDHugger Fri May 14, 2010 6:57 am

Car shows when I have the time... overtime to pay for all the stuff I want to do to my car.. riding my Harley when I get the chance...

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Sat May 15, 2010 1:04 am

Cars: 6 speed swap, rebuild rearend in the chevelle, new engine in 97 chevy PU (just replacing the old 4.3 with a fresh one)

Work: Pay for the cars, to get back in school, to get more tools.

My Carreer: Continue fabricating what I can to hone skills, try to get my foot in the custom car market.

Life: Keep up my diet, move to more intense work out, continue enjoying everday I have with my girlfriend. Very Happy
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:32 am

Malicruiser wrote:Work: Pay for the cars, to get back in school, to get more tools.

If only we didn't have to work so much, eh?

And, HD ... you aren't that far away ... you should come to the gathering in July!

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Yeah, we got problems here in the land of the free" ... Barbara Mandrell ... 'In Times Like These'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:35 am

knightfan26917 wrote:
Malicruiser wrote:Work: Pay for the cars, to get back in school, to get more tools.

If only we didn't have to work so much, eh?'
I was raised working,so I'm use to it. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have work, oh yeah I'd make some serious headway on my projects. Lol.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:09 am

knightfan26917 wrote:
And, HD ... you aren't that far away ... you should come to the gathering in July!

Actually, we just updated and combined our calendars for through September. Between providing sound and light for bands, car shows, and my husband's band, this is our only weekend that we didn't have booked. Most weekends we are actually double booked. During the week, we need to be at his place of employment (after hours) to work on the swivels and get some painting done on my yard swing. I have to get my photography going to, because I need to have a 2010 car club photobook ready to send in for printing by the end of September, and some of the cars that don't make it into the book will be in a 2011 calendar that I have to do also. I am so glad I didn't take on an accounting class this summer!

Last edited by HDHugger on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:29 am

Sit around and wish my health was good enough to finish my car projects. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:35 am

Well if it ever stops raining here I'm gonna put the newly acquired 305 in my Grand Prix since its engine developed a rod knock and spun a bearing. The "new" 305 is a runner, pulled from a T/A. Not gonna do anything to it. Just need to get the GP driving again.

I plan on painting the vinyl top area on the Monte with some rattle can white paint temporarily until I can afford the body work and paint.

As for everything else... car club stuff.

We've got our annual cruise coming up on June 12. Its an 8 hour loop starting in Troutdale, OR to Biggs Junction heading up north to Yakima and Morton along HWY 12 then back down I-5 to Portland.

Our annual "Big Summer Bash" is also coming up on the 26th which will be a joint Portland, Seattle and possibly Idaho Club get together at Portland International Raceway for a night of bracket racing.

There are also several car shows and bracket racing events we will be attending throughout the summer.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:17 pm

..... buy an intake that actually fits my head bolt pattern so I can be driving my 76 again. Mad After that I can get started on the other projects - my go kart, son's go kart, 3-wheelers, son's 4-wheeler, Zook, 73 Chevelle.

Other than that, I'm working 40 hours a week, mowing other people's yards ($$$), keeping up with my 5 acres, growing a decent garden, & probably more that I can't think of at the moment. Good thing I have kids to help out. My 7 year old is pretty excited to start helping me mow because it gives him money to buy parts for his kart & other toys.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Malicruiser wrote:
knightfan26917 wrote:

If only we didn't have to work so much, eh?'
I was raised working,so I'm use to it. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have work, oh yeah I'd make some serious headway on my projects. Lol.

LOL! Yeah ... I could get a LOT done, plus do more road trips, if I didn't have to work...lol.

HDHugger wrote:
knightfan26917 wrote:

Actually, we just updated and combined our calendars for through September. Between providing sound and light for bands, car shows, and my husband's band, this is our only weekend that we didn't have booked.

So ... you might be able to join us???

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Don't say it ain't so, you know the time is now" ... John Fogerty ... 'Centerfield'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Well, I guess the time has passed for that... but on our weekend off, what did we do? We worked on the car... ALL WEEKEND!

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down