G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

took both cars to the track last night

2 posters

Go down

took both cars to the track last night Empty took both cars to the track last night

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:05 pm

well wasnt real great both cars had major traction issues and only got 2 passes each.
In my 70 with the 396 and 3.31 gears I got
14.2@ 104 with 2.4 sec 60 foot
and
13.5@ 105 with a 2.3 sec 60 foot

The 73 Green Malibu with 454 and 2.73 one wheel peel got
14.7 @ 89 with a 2.7 sec 60 foot (went to neutral at 1000' OOPS!)
and
15.7 @ 95 with a 2.8 sec 60 foot

Also had the cars weighed last week
The 73 weighed in at 3680 with 1 or 2 gallons of gas
and my 70 weighed in at 3720 with 3/4 tank
Thats with the cars completely cleaned out and no one in them
cant believe how much these 73 chevelles weigh, the malibu has front and rear seats, dash, no door windows or regulators, plastic inner fenders, steel hood and iron headed 454.
the 70 is full interior less headliner, power windows, steel inner fenders, Air cond (minus compressor) iron headed 396

took both cars to the track last night SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

took both cars to the track last night Empty Re: took both cars to the track last night

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Wow, how did you get the 73 weight so low, besides the doors? All the other 73s I have seen weigh 300 to 500 pounds more than that. Yeh, those doors are big no doubt. I have not weighed my 74 Elky, but I figure about 41 or 42 hundred pounds. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

took both cars to the track last night Empty Re: took both cars to the track last night

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:33 pm

the car had both doors I think you misread it, It has no windows or regulators in the doors... But other than having no door windows it has nothing but a bench front seat, rear seat, and complete dash. Car had no gas except 1 or 2 gallons.
The under hood A/C box and condensor was removed but the under dash unit is still there. The car is untouched everywhere else
It has a iron headed, aluminum intake 454, Headers, only has glass packs mounted on mufflers no other exhaust, 400 trans with 9" 3200 convertor, stock 2 or 3 core radiator....

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:07 am

Well the 70 went 13.29 @ 105 tonight with a 2.05 sec 60 foot. Didnt take the 73...maybe next weekend...

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down