G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone found their Build Sheet?

+9
JasonZ
coreys73chevelle
hotrodredneck
novaderrik
gcmarchi
Oidar
1973 454 MONTE
badbiscayne66
BlackChevelleSS
13 posters

Go down

Has anyone found their Build Sheet? Empty Has anyone found their Build Sheet?

Post by Oidar Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:37 pm

I understand *most* cars had at least one when it left the factory, and I've heard of as many as 3 copies being hidden in a single car.

If you've found any, tell us where.
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Has anyone found their Build Sheet? Empty Re: Has anyone found their Build Sheet?

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 am

my dad found one in his 69 camaro but lost it...nothing in the interiors on any of our 73 chevelles. havent dropped the gas tank yet. But the 73 SS is a canadian car so we could just get the canadian documentation.

Has anyone found their Build Sheet? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Has anyone found their Build Sheet? Empty Re: Has anyone found their Build Sheet?

Post by badbiscayne66 Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Found mine in back seat!
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:34 pm

i found mine on top of the gas tank..when i bought my monte in 2002 and took it to car shows,you would never believe how many people would tell me that they never made a 73-454 monte.then i pull out the sheet and show them the LS-4 option and matching vin # on the sheet. Very Happy

i have also found them on the bottom of the seats or behind the rear panel next to the seat.

Chris
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:42 pm

I also found mine on top of the gas tank.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Oidar Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:07 pm

That's facinating. Did you have to remove the tank to get it? How was it attached? Was it wrapped or protected in some way? What condition was it in?

I'd heard of all sorts of interior locations, but I can't believe they'd survive that long outside the car like that.
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:16 am

When I removed the tank the build sheet was stuck to the gas tank and was in very poor condition. You could read about 30% of it.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by gcmarchi Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:52 am

I have found them behind the door panels and under/behind the rear seat cushions. The ones in the door panels survive the best. When we changed the fuel tank in the 76 Malibu we did not find any evidence of there being one there.
gcmarchi
gcmarchi
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:51 pm

i found pieces of my build sheet under the front seat- about 3/4 of it had been shredded and moved to behind the rear seat by some rodents.
but i did find the original window sticker in the glovebox all laminated. i think my car cost around $4500 new.

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodredneck Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:57 pm

found mine under the back seat and was in good condition
hotrodredneck
hotrodredneck
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:37 am

on top of gas tank in good condition
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonZ Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:13 am

For my car they can be up inside of the dash, in the fender, hidden in the seat, and taped up in the trunk area. I dont have my build sheet.
JasonZ
JasonZ
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:33 pm

found mine on top of my gas tank

Has anyone found their Build Sheet? Scan0001
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:37 pm

That's where mine was but your is in 100% better shape
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Mine was out of the car when I got the car. I think it came from behind the door panel. Its 100% crystal clear, and legible. I don't think its from under the back seat, becasue there's no residue from the tar backed jute on it(I've had the back seat out, and it would have definitely left a residue, very sticky), nor are there spring marks. The door pull strap on my MC was poorly repaired, so when the panel was taken off, it was probably in there. I'm plan on fixing it the right way come spring.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by ggarrett56 Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:26 am

found mine behind the passenger door panel

ggarrett56
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down