G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

driver side dash pocket instead of vent

+2
badtemper44
1973montec
6 posters

Go down

driver side dash pocket instead of vent Empty driver side dash pocket instead of vent

Post by McCauley5983 Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

just curious to know how common this is. found it at the junkyard thought its pretty neat
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

driver side dash pocket instead of vent Empty Re: driver side dash pocket instead of vent

Post by 1973montec Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:07 pm

it belongs to NON air cars.
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

driver side dash pocket instead of vent Empty Re: driver side dash pocket instead of vent

Post by The Dude Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:30 am

Which means you should probably snatch up the heater box cover & either use it or sell it. Not really the easiest part to come by.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:33 am

Are non-A/C parts hard to find? I was planning on putting factory A/C into my non-A/C car.

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:07 am

Somewhat hard to find for these years. If you were closer, I'd trade a complete AC set up with condenser, box, pump, & all just for the non-AC box. My car is mainly going to be a fun toy so AC isn't needed in it & this stuff will likely go to waste.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by badtemper44 Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:40 pm

I might have to take you up on that trade Rago! I am looking to put a/c on my base model! Looked it up on the map and OKCity would be about half way, so when I get to that stage we might have to work something out.
badtemper44
badtemper44
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:16 pm

I'd probably be up for it if it's around March or April. I have in-laws down by Lawton, OK that we might be visiting around then. I also have the Classic tail panel if you want to do that swap too. I'm wanting the base model stuff. Just throwing out some ideas.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:08 pm

heater box cover? the one inside or the one under the hood
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Billy-ray...do you get up to DVAP off W. Happy Valley Rd? I go over there each January when I come down to visit family and love browsing through their yard. Pretty pricey on parts, though...especially, during Barrett-Jackson week.

There are a couple non-a/c Chevelles up here, too...if anyone needs anything.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:29 pm

ill admit this i hate dvap overpriced and a lot of bondo i go to a lot of the other junkyards in the area i can usually when i come across a 3rd gen in those junkyards there are a lot of decent parts and decent prices i just scored the intermitent wipers the other day and last year i got the passenger side remote mirror. on top of a lot of other cool stuff
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:33 pm

also i dont agree with there 50 dollar restocking fee if you dont like the price on the part they pull i was going to get a pair of laguna taillights for my car but when the guy said 25 to 150 for something he was going to have to pull before he gave me a price i said forget. i wont buy anything from dvap but its a good way to waste time on a day off
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah...kind of the same impression I got of DVAP. They must cater more to out-of-towners. Nice score on the intermittents and remote mirror! Both hard to find items.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:19 pm

ya i just got to put em in and drill a couple of holes gees i hate drillin
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:44 am

billy-ray wrote:heater box cover? the one inside or the one under the hood

Under the hood.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:42 pm

billy-ray wrote:...i was going to get a pair of laguna taillights for my car but when the guy said 25 to 150 for something he was going to have to pull before he gave me a price i said forget...

Its happend to me a few times. I recently called a junkyard outside of my area about a part. When I asked for the condition and the price I was told they would not know until I was there to help them look it over. I told them how far I would have to drive to "just come look" and I would not unless I had more details, but they seemed less than impressed. These places are in business to SELL parts...... right?? How hard is it to grab a photo and email it, or to take a couple of minutes to look it over? Maybe its because they don't get alot of return emails or calls, and MAYBE that's becuase their stuff is overpriced or its just junk (maybe both).

If I treated my clients like that I would not be doing what I do much longer. I treat every client/customer the same no matter what. No, not every deal works out, but that is no reason to treat some different than others.

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:51 pm

i hear you if im hired to do a job im going to do the best job i can because at the end of the day its how the customer feels about the work you do to determine if you eat that night
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down