G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B C & D Platform relations

3 posters

Go down

B C & D Platform relations Empty B C & D Platform relations

Post by The Dude Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:18 pm

OK so I'm bored. Or I just have a case of the Mondays. Either way, I got to thinking about the different platforms & started wondering about C & D Body cars. I realize they are just extended versions of the B Body, but are they really? Does everything interchange? Not much info out there for the ultra large guys.

Here's some 77+ wheelbases

B Body 116
C Body - 119
D Body - 121.5

Compared to our cars

A coupe - 112
A Sedan - 116

Guess I'm not going anywhere with this, just rambling trying to find out more about the big body cars.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

B C & D Platform relations Empty Re: B C & D Platform relations

Post by 99B4C Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:23 pm

I plan to swap most of the 94-96 Impala SS B Body suspension, 4 wheel discs, 5x5 bolt pattern to my Monte.

I already swapped 96 Roadmaster wagon rear springs and a 95 Caprice 9C1 front sway bar. Handles much better for $25 total at U-Pick-A-Part.

The Monte Carlo has the same 116" wb as the B-Bodies.

Has anyone swapped in a 91-96 disc rearend under a 73-77 A-Body? I wonder how much wider the disc rearend is?

99B4C
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:15 am

It's a direct swap. Not sure how much the discs add compared to drums, but either Limey should have the specifics or check in the interchange area of our site. I know someone on here posted it up. B Bodies are direct descendants of the 73-77 A Bodies. Just wondering if the same can be said about C & D Bodies?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:50 pm

The disc brake rear end swap adds about 1/2" per side to the width, mainly due to the rotor hat thickness as compared to the drum brake. There is an excellent thread about this swap on Chevytalk.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum