G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cool Stuff found in Cars

+9
Marshall.Pixley
74MonteCarlo
pila
Biomedtech
McCauley5983
laguna454/4spd
1973 454 MONTE
Pdawgie
The Dude
13 posters

Go down

Cool Stuff found in Cars Empty Cool Stuff found in Cars

Post by jerry46765 Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:25 pm

I used to part out tons of cars.
We were talking last night about some of the cool stuff found in different cars.

About 20+ years ago, I bought a fully optioned 1975 Laguna S-3.
It was the perfect parts car since it was rust / bondo up to the door handles and it was full of all kinds of trash.
After going through the boxes of crap in the trunk, I found a small chrome plated .22 caliber handgun tucked in the quarter/wheel well area. It looked like something a women would carry in her purse.

Don't even remember what happened to it.
So that was my big find in a Chevelle.

Thanks -

Jerry

jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Cool Stuff found in Cars Empty Re: Cool Stuff found in Cars

Post by The Dude Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Found a $4,000 diamond ring from Zales in my Durango. Sold it for $1,500 to a close friend after having it checked out.

Other than that nice little find, I usually find between $5-$10 in change in most cars. Sometimes you get some really weird stuff though. The 77 parts car had a handful of seashells & some sand. My latest 76 had a bunch of bungee cords stashed in the lower rear corner of the trunk.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Was pulling a power window set-up out of a 1977 4-dr Impala last Spring. I had to pull off the "B" pillar trim between the doors in order to pull the wiring harness for that side. Low and behold, two 1921 Silver Dollars tumbled out onto the floor. I can only guess that someone had apparently slipped them into the slot higher up on the pillar trim (much like a piggy bank) where the shoulder belt went through.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Pdawgie Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Right after purchasing my Monte, I dropped the keys between the seat and console and reached down looking for the keys, and came up with a wad of cash... was $120
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:37 pm

i bought my monte,dropped the gas tank and found the build sheet. that day was a good day................................
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:29 pm

i started to tear the 74 guna down earlier this year and lost my mind if any one happens to find it please send it to airport rd leitchfield ky Rolling Eyes
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:53 pm

found a build sheet in a 73 at the junkyard along with tyenol from 1972 in the metal case still. also found a vw bus hurst shifter in a vw bus at a junkyard.came across a dealer option chevy tissue box for a 67 to 72 pickup.plus a lot more crazy things i like junkyards Laughing
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Here's a freaky story...last summer I was out at a junk yard and spotted a '74 Cutlass S at the edge of the pasture. It looked good as I walked up to it and could see through the glass that it still had the swivel bucket seats. Thought "oh boy, I've hit the mother lode"! Strolled up to it, eagerly opened the passenger side door to stick my head in and.....darned near jumped out of my shoes when I saw dozens of shed snake skins interwoven throughout the dash, console, floor...just about every opening there was. I like to think of myself as a manly man, but snakes have always freaked me out!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 pm

shoulda got out the chain mail and went to work just think of it as a bee sting Razz
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 pm

I've found some...let's say things...when I was cleaning out my Blazer. I'm just gonna say that the person that owned it before me mighta needed what I found to prevent his 3 kids... Puke

On a cooler note, I did find a full set of spare keys for my station wagon when I was checking it out. It was hidden under the rear floor mats.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Snap, you still got that '77 Wagon?

I've never found anything in a car.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:37 pm

billy-ray wrote:shoulda got out the chain mail and went to work just think of it as a bee sting Razz

Laughing I have a tunic for sale, I got too fat!

Hmmm, or maybe I just swelled up from the bee stings!?! Yeah, I'm gonna go with that excuse!
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Snap, you still got that '77 Wagon?

Yep, although I'm looking to get rid of it. It's a cool car and it's in great shape and all, but after I had it for a while, I just didn't have as much fun with it as I thought I would. That, and I need to cut back on spending. After I make sure it's ready to go I'm gonna list it somewhere.

Edit: And to make this related to the topic, I also found the original radio for the wagon in the stow-away area underneath the rear floor panel!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:03 am

I've found mostly odd tools etc, but in a Chevelle I had in the 80s, I found a handful of Snap-On wrenches, which was a good find.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 am

IndyG3 wrote:And to make this related to the topic, I also found the original radio for the wagon in the stow-away area underneath the rear floor panel!

When I got my Monte Carlo, it came with the original AM radio in the trunk...it wasn't hidden though, lol.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall.Pixley Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:34 pm

a brand new painless wiring harness, and of all things a bag of herbs (not even the illegal kind, it was just ur average garden variety parsley!)
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:07 pm

>>>the person that owned it before me mighta needed what I found to prevent his 3 kids... >>>

Haha, you can say 'condom.' I think this show is rated PG-13.

Or from the Blues Brothers, 'prophylactic' would work too.
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:28 pm

jerry46765 wrote:>>>the person that owned it before me mighta needed what I found to prevent his 3 kids... >>>

Haha, you can say 'condom.' I think this show is rated PG-13.

Or from the Blues Brothers, 'prophylactic' would work too.

I know, I just think it's fun to use creative ways of saying things like condom. Plus it makes me sound smarter lol!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dhw3971 Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:27 pm

After I re-bought my '75 station wagon last summer I discovered newspapers from 1989 that I had stuck under the passenger side carpets in a meager attempt to cover the rotting floorboard.
dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Okay kiddies...one more bedtime story and then I'm done! This one is called "Divine Intervention"!

Cabin fever had me out to one of the salvage yards about three weeks ago; despite there still being quite a bit of snow on the ground. Wasn't really expecting to accomplish much in the way of pulling parts, so I only threw a few basic tools and sockets in my smaller tool bag and left the rest in my truck in the parking lot. Wandered back into the yard maybe 1/2 mile and, as expected, was just too much snow to even access most cars. When satisfied that there wasn't much more I could see out there and, being tired and cold from walking in knee deep snow, I decided it was time to head back. At about that time, I remembered the floor-shift, tilt strg column in a '76 Century I had wanted to pull before winter had set in. Stopped at the car and, after pushing and kicking the snow away, was able to get inside and open the hood. However, I soon realized that I didn't have the correct socket to drop the strg column inside the car; nor, the correct socket to loosen the rag joint bolt under the hood. "Okay", I mumbled, "will get it next time out". Walked about 100 yds back towards the office when I spotted a '71 Grand Prix that had recently arrived. Always interested in exploring new arrivals, I wandered over to take a look around. While shuffling through items laying on the front floor area, lo and behold, there was a 12 mm socket sitting there...all by itself. I'm thinking, "how weird is this...it just might fit that rag joint bolt over on the Century". Still, I would need the 9/16" socket in order to drop the column. Oh well. Went back to scavenging inside the back seat area, when I find another lone socket laying back there. Can you believe it...a 9/16"?! By this time, I'm thinking I'm in some kind of Twilight Zone episode. These were the only two sockets I found in there! So, back to the Century... and yes, the 12mm worked perfectly; enabling me to pull that strg column out without having to trek 1/2 mile back to the office parking lot and then back to the Century in the damp cold to grab my own tools. THE END!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down