G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday

+7
74MonteCarlo
jerry46765
pila
JB2wheeler
IndyG3
1973 454 MONTE
chevy76monteman
11 posters

Go down

Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday Empty Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday

Post by chevy76monteman Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 pm

I was surprised to see any at a show like this. It is a rare occurrence to see just one, but two in the same show? One is a 73 El Camino painted in the Oregon Beaver's colors, the other is a light blue Oldsmobile Cutlass, I'm guessing a 74 or 75.

Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0634
Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0629
Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0630
Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0631
Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0633

Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0648
Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0649
Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0650
Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday IMG_0651
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday Empty Re: Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:54 pm

awsome dude.

i went to the autorama here in cleveland this past w-end. there was a 74 cutlass.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday Empty Re: Saw a couple A-bodies at the Portland Roadster Show yesterday

Post by IndyG3 Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I like both of those a lot. Shows that these cars look good on either side of the stock-custom spectrum. Thumbs up
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Nice

GORGEOUS Cutlass. Almost exact to my dad's, just a light blue. Exact interior. What happened to the beauty rings?

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Both cars are sharp! I have to admit I am not an "orange" person, that would have to be changed. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Can't say I would want to own anything like that, I might get it dirty! Cars like that, to me. are worthless, except for people to look at. Just ornaments, so to speak........

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:14 am

>>>What happened to the beauty rings?>>>

I had a rental car stolen in Portland, so my guess they got swiped in the parking lot during load-in...
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:19 am

It looks like they were never there...maybe the owner opted not to have them on. Look how nice the paint is on the wheels. It wouldn't be that nice if there were taken on and off.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 am

Starting to see a lot of mid-seventies cars around. That was unheard of just a few years ago. Saw BIG 'OL 75 Impala in town the other day, pale yellow with a white vinyl top. Looked brand new. Saw a red Galaxy or LTD at a gas station in Louisville the other night. Even been seeing a Chevette a local mechanic is using as a daily.

I expect a bunch of 'em will show up at car shows this summer. PHR just did a feature on a 78ish Vega with an LS motor this month.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah I'm seeing more & more G3's roaming the streets. Quite a few restored/clean original ones popping up too. Makes me wonder if the little old ladies all decided to sell their 1970's Sunday car at the same time.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Pdawgie Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:59 am

They had quite a few nice cars at the show. I've seen the El Camino at other car cruises last summer.
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Definitely a sharp pair of vehicles! Thanks for sharing the pics, Dustin.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You can call it life and say that it's not right" __ Mel McDaniel __ 'I Call It Love'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down