G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

g3's make it main stream

+5
BlackChevelleSS
dragons_lair59
Limey SE
jerry46765
1973 454 MONTE
9 posters

Go down

g3's make it main stream Empty g3's make it main stream

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:56 pm

New super Chevy has write up on a 73 SS 4spd survivor car real nice car they say one of about 600 Canadian built SS's
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

g3's make it main stream Empty Re: g3's make it main stream

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:05 pm

just bought it. awsome car
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:32 pm

That car belongs to Donny from American Autowire

http://www.superchevy.com/features/chevellemontecarlo/sucp_1204_1973_chevy_chevelle_super_sport/index.html
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:47 pm

I posted this weeks ago. Now I feel like chopped liver .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:51 pm

sorry Ant7377 I didn't see it or I would have gave credits due Embarassed
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:51 pm

i didnt see it either or i wouldnt have posted i posted from my phone and must have missed it sorry ant
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:04 pm

THats ok, Smile I like chopped liver ! LOL!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:12 pm

They are very not complementary to G3s. "One last gasp of performance for the A-body..."

So if your car was Canadian built, GM has all documentation in an archive? How do you get to it?
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:13 pm

ant7377 wrote:I posted this weeks ago. Now I feel like chopped liver .

dude
we still love you Shocked
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm

jerry46765 wrote:They are very not complementary to G3s. "One last gasp of performance for the A-body..."

So if your car was Canadian built, GM has all documentation in an archive? How do you get to it?

You can get a "Restoration Kit" from General Motors for absolutly no cost to you but a couple mintues of your time and a little willingness to supply them with some simple information regarding your car.
Call 1-800-222-1020. Be ready to supply the year, make, model and VIN of your car. They take down the information and they mail you out this really cool, thick packet of information that includes specs, option lists, car club listings and a booklet of aftermarket parts manufacturers and distributors. You don't even have to pay for the phone call! It doesn't get any better than this!
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks Limey. I'll try it.
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:28 pm

they must be mystic if they dont need name or address lol
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:31 pm

dragons_lair59 wrote:they must be mystic if they dont need name or address lol

Car has to been built in Canada, for GM of Canada kept all there record and it will tel you everything about your car I got one for my Blue 74 I had
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:35 pm

too bad they cant get their whoa nelly together here to provide same to us built cars
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:36 pm

its not there stuff its the GM of USA that never kept records for GM of USA could care less once there product sold
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 pm

thats what i mean
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:07 am

my cousins 73 SS is a canadian car

g3's make it main stream SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:17 am

jerry46765 wrote:They are very not complementary to G3s. "One last gasp of performance for the A-body..."

Here's a story about a 77 GP:
http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/about-gm-heritage-center/1977-pontiac-comes-home/

You can also contact the Heritage Center at: gmhc@gm.com
There was a gentleman named George Zapora who did all the GM Canada documentation like a "Marty Report". You can also get duplicate build sheets, invoices & window stickers (for a fee) provided it's a Canada car or for US built from 1977 on.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by w451973 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Thats nice.
w451973
w451973
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:27 pm

I quit reading magazine articles about G3's because 99% of them have to start off by saying something about them being "overweight pigs" or "smog mobiles". Funny how you never hear those terms when they feature an old mid 60's Impala or when truck mags show off a mid 70's C10. I don't think they even show 74-81 F Bodies in that light & they are in the same boat; underpowered, big bumpers, not much lighter than a G3. For that matter, the new Camaro & Challenger weigh more than most of our cars.....
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:34 pm

The Dude wrote:I quit reading magazine articles about G3's because 99% of them have to start off by saying something about them being "overweight pigs" or "smog mobiles". Funny how you never hear those terms when they feature an old mid 60's Impala or when truck mags show off a mid 70's C10. I don't think they even show 74-81 F Bodies in that light & they are in the same boat; underpowered, big bumpers, not much lighter than a G3. For that matter, the new Camaro & Challenger weigh more than most of our cars.....

Could not agree with you more,what about an article about late 70's Corvette's .I hate those cars they are truly an abomanation yet they occasionally get drooled over like they are some lost gem. They all have their highs and lows
G3's as well. But to cut on them all the time isn't fair considering their popularity when they were new and the huge amount of money they made GM,they WISH they sold cars that way again (so popular they could sell any crap color or option especially with Cutlass'). I have spoken with guys that were salesmen then and I was told they would have customer buying Cutlass Supremes as they were coming off the transporter,try that today-not happening.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Oh boy! Some one opened up my favorite can o' worms.... Just as one example-The 1977 Cutlass helped send Olds over 1 Million units sold for that year. The only time Olds was top dog at GM for overall sales or ever attained that mark. If you look at sales numbers from 73-77; Corvette, Camaro, Trans-Am or whatever else from whoever else (take your pick), don't come close. Don't even get me started about how these cars kicked butt in NASCAR during those years. These are the best cars since the 55-57 Chevy Shoe Box's. I don't give a !@$#* what anyone says. happy bowtie
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:06 pm

77mali wrote:Oh boy! Some one opened up my favorite can o' worms.... Just as one example-The 1977 Cutlass helped send Olds over 1 Million units sold for that year. The only time Olds was top dog at GM for overall sales or ever attained that mark. If you look at sales numbers from 73-77; Corvette, Camaro, Trans-Am or whatever else from whoever else (take your pick), don't come close. Don't even get me started about how these cars kicked butt in NASCAR during those years. These are the best cars since the 55-57 Chevy Shoe Box's. I don't give a !@$#* what anyone says. happy bowtie

You know it wasnt just the G3 years that were good for Cutlass ,until they went to FWD in 88 they were the best selling car in the country.THey were the most stolen until well into the 90's . Just look at how sales really sucked when there were no more a/g bodies in the line up. Had they kept building Cutlass and a few more models (Delta 88 and 98 Regency) there would still be Olds and Pontiac. Genius' !!! pisses me off when I think about it .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:41 am

ant7377 wrote:
77mali wrote:Oh boy! Some one opened up my favorite can o' worms.... Just as one example-The 1977 Cutlass helped send Olds over 1 Million units sold for that year. The only time Olds was top dog at GM for overall sales or ever attained that mark. If you look at sales numbers from 73-77; Corvette, Camaro, Trans-Am or whatever else from whoever else (take your pick), don't come close. Don't even get me started about how these cars kicked butt in NASCAR during those years. These are the best cars since the 55-57 Chevy Shoe Box's. I don't give a !@$#* what anyone says. happy bowtie

You know it wasnt just the G3 years that were good for Cutlass ,until they went to FWD in 88 they were the best selling car in the country.THey were the most stolen until well into the 90's . Just look at how sales really sucked when there were no more a/g bodies in the line up. Had they kept building Cutlass and a few more models (Delta 88 and 98 Regency) there would still be Olds and Pontiac. Genius' !!! pisses me off when I think about it .

Agreed...Buick still lives (thank goodness) the 83-87 Regal/GN & T-Types were good examples of GM "tweaking" the A body cars. The M/C was also pretty popular along w/ Grand Prix and Malibu of course. I wish they would give the Monte a redesign back to RWD...maybe someday. One of my favorite post 77 cars were the 442 & Hurts Olds cars of the mid 80's. In the same time frame (84-87) Corvette was having issues w/ their redesign and there were none produced in 1983 because of issues with the quality of electronics and the "cross fire" injection systems (the GM tech's could barely tune them but you hardly hear about this in the major magazines or media though). I miss Pontiac & Oldsmobile but they dug their own grave:(
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:34 am

They did dig it,another fine victory to "all look the same FWD cars" ugh!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down